• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYTCHES - Scott Snyder & Jock

1,106 posts in this topic

#1- Shops sell through random Ebay accts for a variety of reasons.

The number one reason is money. Ca$h money.

Some manufacturers & publishers frown on certain price tiers.

Sometimes you can pocket more coin selling online than in shop.

So one does this in order to get around what some publishers don't want an owner to do with their product?

When you say "pocket" is that the store's pocket or a personal pocket?

One more time:

0 to 190 is a large range; Why would a retailer in the Phantom program receive 0 copies of this must-have variant?

So one does this in order to get around what some publishers don't want an owner to do with their product?

One more time:

0 to 190 is a large range; Why would a retailer in the Phantom program receive 0 copies of this must-have variant?

I am not a big fan of the Phantom variants, and I don't have any, because you don't have to buy them if you don't want to. With that said, it is none of my business how Larry conducts his program. Not sure why it is anyone else's business either..... Comic shops need all the help they can get to turn a profit and good for him if it is working for him and his retailers.

One more time:

I am not a big fan of the Phantom variants, and I don't have any, because you don't have to buy them if you don't want to. With that said, it is none of my business how Larry conducts his program. Not sure why it is anyone else's business either..... Comic shops need all the help they can get to turn a profit and good for him if it is working for him and his retailers.

With that said, it is none of my business how Larry conducts his program.

exactly.

Very true; and I got a little side-tracked.

Also true: no one is forcing anyone to buy any variants -- be they Phantom or otherwise.

I had main points I was trying to get to the bottom of; hence all of my questions. I'll stop digging and prodding and just state them, and what it looks like without knowing what is really going on:

If I were a Phantom retailer, I would be a bit miffed to have signed up for this retailer program, purchased other Phantom variants through the months, yet did not receive a single copy of the "hot micro"-variant. If there are 500 copies and 44 Phantom shops, one would think each store would get at least 1.

If I were a variant purchaser, I would be a bit miffed to see all this hype for a cool cover only to find that a small sub-group of a sub-group of people/shops have access to these copies and can basically set the price at whatever they want, as they control the supply.

I know you sell 3 million in your shop blah blah blah. You never miss on a title blah blah blah. You hate everyone who is not like you or doesn't agree with you blah blah blah.

I enjoyed issue #2.

I was surprised that we're seeing the reveal already. I thought it would be a bit more of a slow burn, but I guess the monsters are coming out to play already. Makes me wonder how long this series is going to run for now.

I know you sell 3 million in your shop blah blah blah. You never miss on a title blah blah blah. You hate everyone who is not like you or doesn't agree with you blah blah blah.

No,

Scott Snyder is one of the top writers in the industry, blah blah blah.

Jock has a cult following blah blah blah.

The book seems to have sold very well to the industry, blah blah blah.

Reviews are overwhelmingly positive, blah blah blah.

But under your anonymous moniker "Pirate" you post that it's a dog, blah blah blah.

Guess that's your right. blah blah blah.

( I'm thinking you missed it as a spec & are frustrated, blah blah blah.

blah blah blah.

Edited by LarrysComics

No,

Scott Snyder is one of the top writers in the industry, blah blah blah.

Jock has a cult following blah blah blah.

The book seems to have sold very well to the industry, blah blah blah.

Reviews are overwhelmingly positive, blah blah blah.

But under your anonymous moniker "Pirate" you post that it's a dog, blah blah blah.

Guess that's your right. blah blah blah.

( I'm thinking you missed it as a spec & are frustrated, blah blah blah.

blah blah blah.

Miss what as a spec, one cover? yea I didn't go to NYCC to get the variant, i'm devastated but i'll make it. Anthony Carpenter thinks it's a dog. What the reviews aren't 100% positive? oh no Larrys comics is going to end.

Surprise surprise I didn't think Severed was all that great. Batman on the other hand is one of the best books ever written.

I like the book and pretty much all of the variant covers look great but there's just way way too many, more than other titles that have been poo-pooed on here for having less (Bedlam, Southern Bastards).

I'm only getting the ones that are accessible.

My area Phantom shop, Wade's Comic Madness, sells them for cover as well as the display variant.

My area Ghost shop, Brave New World's, well no variant is ever cover price there, and the only reason I got one is because of Sienkiewicz

I like the book and pretty much all of the variant covers look great but there's just way way too many, more than other titles that have been poo-pooed on here for having less (Bedlam, Southern Bastards).

I'm only getting the ones that are accessible.

My area Phantom shop, Wade's Comic Madness, sells them for cover as well as the display variant.

My area Ghost shop, Brave New World's, well no variant is ever cover price there, and the only reason I got one is because of Sienkiewicz

THAT'S how it is supposed to work.

The customer is rewarded for a physical visit to a brick & mortar store.

You keep saying that but any of the phantom variants I've bought were sold from Forbidden Planet's website. I never left my living room.

Anyway...

wytches.jpg

:cloud9:

You keep saying that but any of the phantom variants I've bought were sold from Forbidden Planet's website. I never left my living room.

Anyway...

wytches.jpg

:cloud9:

The BEST buy on Phantoms is in store.