• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault Grading?????????....huh?

857 posts in this topic

Vault grading is much more rigorous and buyer/collector friendly than than CGC and PGX. This graded comic is a true 9.4/Near Mint not a CGC/PGX 9.4 (which is more like an 8.5!)

So if I crack my CGC 9.4 and submit to Vault, it will get an 8.5...

Probably better to stick closer to the established grading standards of the hobby, and try to differentiate yourself some other way.

Taking bets that we never see "Vault" Grading Co. books ever again.

So you're saying I should get one while I still can? :ohnoez:

My post and cell phone picture got reposted on another forum.

Wow, are you a hand model?

No, but I am a graduate of the Fingh School of Photography™.

:)

hHHK1w3.png

This perpetuates an old myth. I have gotten a lot better with the Iphone camera, compared to the Palm and the Blackberry, which admittedly resulted in some bad pics.

This perpetuates an old myth. I have gotten a lot better with the Iphone camera, compared to the Palm and the Blackberry, which admittedly resulted in some bad pics.

[clutches pearls] We can't perpetuate any myths around here! [/unclutches pearls]

[clutches pearls] We can't perpetuate any myths around here! [/unclutches pearls]

The myth that your IQ is over 70 does a brisk business.

The myth that your IQ is over 70 does a brisk business.

I traffic in stupidity.

This turned out unfortunate they closed the site

No CGC competition from the Vault

No over priced grading

No over priced notes

No scammers on Ebay to track down and expose

No more shrills to expose and humiliate

No more threats of lawyers because children were involved some how in goverment documents

No more fun cell phone texts

No more google map searches

No more BeachBum posts in comic general for a long time

When will this inhumanity END

:(

-------

Anyone press any PGX books lately ?

This turned out unfortunate they closed the site

No CGC competition from the Vault

No over priced grading

No over priced notes

No scammers on Ebay to track down and expose

No more shrills to expose and humiliate

No more threats of lawyers because children were involved some how in goverment documents

No more fun cell phone texts

No more google map searches

No more BeachBum posts in comic general for a long time

When will this inhumanity END

:(

-------

Anyone press any PGX books lately ?

lol

Thanks for the reminder.

I think it's unlikely that we'll ever see a truly legitimate competitor to CGC. Alll businesses need to seem legit, but one based on getting people to mail in their valuables along with a check seems like the legitimacy bar is set even higher. This means a real competitor would need to really come out swinging, not be something where you could start small and scale up from there. This means startup costs would be pretty substantial. This probably means investors. If you're a money guy, do you place your cash in a niche service for an arguably dying hobby? One where there is one BSD that pretty much owns the market, and the few attempts to compete have been failures?

I am certainly no expert, and I hope I'm wrong. I would love to see CGC face a real challenger. It just doesn't seem like something that will happen.

This sums it up very nicely. To start up a grading company properly would require a ton of cash, and there are too many red flags that would discourage investors. Niche market, nothing proprietary, strong competitor, and the company would have to bleed a lot of cash for the first few years until the market caught on before it would begin to break even.