• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Results of Initial Schomburg Polls!! Final Poll Coming Soon

79 posts in this topic

Very tough to narrow it down so much so fast. One point of clarification. Jon Juan isn't a Schomburg cover (though it is the only comic he did interior work for.)

I don't think Sub-Mariner #7 is a Schomburg cover either, but you didn't hear that from me. :gossip:

Oooooops! :facepalm:

Thanks guys. BTW: Didn't Schomburg do interior work for Amazing Adventures 1 too?

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7063&lotIdNo=171008#Photo

On the CGC label it mentions Schomburg as an artist but does not specify a cover artist. It doesn't appear like his cover. So, I'm assuming he contributed to the interior pages.

..... he has interior stories in AA 1 and 2...... both decent.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks Jimbo...I knew I could get the answer from a fellow Virginian!

Very tough to narrow it down so much so fast. One point of clarification. Jon Juan isn't a Schomburg cover (though it is the only comic he did interior work for.)

I don't think Sub-Mariner #7 is a Schomburg cover either, but you didn't hear that from me. :gossip:

Subby 7 definitely not Schomburg. Jon Juan is Schomburg using the pseudonym.

Jon Juan cover sure looks like Schomburg to me (signed with the pseudonym Al Reid)

I think you are right. The A in Al is identical to the one in his Xela signature, and GCD lists no other artwork by "Al Reid".

Jon Juan cover sure looks like Schomburg to me (signed with the pseudonym Al Reid)

I think you are right. The A in Al is identical to the one in his Xela signature, and GCD lists no other artwork by "Al Reid".

Do you blame him for using a pseudonym? He was probably thinking...if I use Al Reid no one will ever attribute Jon Juan to me. :-)

Thanks guys. BTW: Didn't Schomburg do interior work for Amazing Adventures 1 too?

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7063&lotIdNo=171008#Photo

On the CGC label it mentions Schomburg as an artist but does not specify a cover artist. It doesn't appear like his cover. So, I'm assuming he contributed to the interior pages.

..... he has interior stories in AA 1 and 2...... both decent.... GOD BLESS...

Thanks Jimbo...I knew I could get the answer from a fellow Virginian!

... the Schomburg story in AA 2 is quite decent.... it's the cover story. GOD BLESS....

Do you blame him for using a pseudonym? He was probably thinking...if I use Al Reid no one will ever attribute Jon Juan to me. :-)

Doubtful...

3.jpg

Doubtful...

3.jpg

haha. Awesome. Thanks for the scan!

According to some sources, Marvel Mystery Comics #9 has penciling by Everett and inks by Schomburg. If that's the case, I wouldn't consider it a true Schomburg cover.
there had always been conflicting data on this. Overstreet, CGC, and Gerber all seem to have varying opinions. Over the years, I've believed that Everett and Schomburg may have collaborated on the pencils/inks somewhat equally.

According to some sources, Marvel Mystery Comics #9 has penciling by Everett and inks by Schomburg. If that's the case, I wouldn't consider it a true Schomburg cover.
there had always been conflicting data on this. Overstreet, CGC, and Gerber all seem to have varying opinions. Over the years, I've believed that Everett and Schomburg may have collaborated on the pencils/inks somewhat equally.

That's entirely possible. You couldn't prove it by me one way or another.

Anyway, my votes are in!

Someone needs to bump Vision75's ambitious poll for those who may not have voted in a Timely manner (you still can, of course). :grin:

What the heck... :bump::bump::bump:

The clock is ticking and the choices are tough. If you haven't voted your fave Schomburg covers, take a few minutes and give it your best shot! (thumbs u

Startling 53????!!!!!!????

That is a nice cover my man. It is surprising that no one nominated it.

Tst! ...Hey, Vision. :gossip: You can always use one of your two wild-card choices to shoe-horn a new "player" into the contest to fill open slots (like they do in pro-tennis tournaments)!

In re-reading the rules on shortlist add-ons, technically you, cheetah and I can select any two Schomburg covers that aren't on the shortlist, including covers not nominated earlier. From page one...

"The short list will be comprised of the 24 books (8 x 3) with the most votes plus ties. In addition, DavidMerryweather, Cheetah, and I get two saves apiece. That is, we can choose to include two books to the shortlist that would not have otherwise been included. (Thank you gentlemen for your contributions.)"

Of course, it depends on what constitutes a save not otherwise included, but my take is that overlooked Schomburg covers can be added for consideration (I do have one non-nominated wild card candidate in mind). hm