• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Results of Initial Schomburg Polls!! Final Poll Coming Soon

79 posts in this topic

I voted in round 1. I can't see where to vote for round 2. It says I already voted in all the polls in the first few posts. Am I missing another poll somewhere? :(

:gossip: Round 2 was the first round of voting.

Hulk head hurt :ohnoez:

I voted in round 1. I can't see where to vote for round 2. It says I already voted in all the polls in the first few posts. Am I missing another poll somewhere? :(

It may seem a bit complicated, but Vision75's first round was putting together a list of submissions (no easy task). Voting preferences actually started with the second round. The third round will be the elimination round, polling the popularity for the final thirty or so covers.

This is how I'm interpreting the instructions. hm

BTW, major kudos for Vision's ambitious poll. Given the prolific number and popularity of Schomburg covers, it was a Herculean task! :applause:

It may seem a bit complicated, but Vision75's first round was putting together a list of submissions (no easy task). Voting preferences actually started with the second round. The third round will be the elimination round, polling the popularity for the final thirty or so covers.

BTW, major kudos for Vision's ambitious poll. Given the prolific number and popularity of Schomburg covers, it was a Herculean task! :applause:

Thanks Cat for the clarification. Fellow Boardies - My apologies for the ambiguity in the update.

Thanks Cat for the clarification. Fellow Boardies - My apologies for the ambiguity in the update.

i find equivocation and indeterminateness in the ambiguity of your apology---give us another one.

i find equivocation and indeterminateness in the ambiguity of your apology---give us another one.

Ah, perhaps (purposeful equivocation) I should apologize for the most kickass Schomburg poll of all time once again. :grin:

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Congratulations everyone. We've successfully winnowed down the list from over 200 Schomburg covers to 25 through eight voting polls. Impressive list!

For a recap of the process, please refer to page 1 of this thread.

I'll set up the FINAL SCHOMBURG poll by midweek with an image gallery.

As the rules state, DavidMerriWeather, Cheetah, and I all get two saves apiece (i.e., we can retain a couple of comics that didn't make the voting cut or include wild cards that were overlooked for nomination) . We'll surprise you with those.

CHEETAH - feel free to PM me your saves. Cat - thanks for yours :-)

You can see the exhaustive preliminary poll results on this thread's first two pages. That said, I've summarized them here:

Poll 1

USA Comics 7

Human Torch 8

Marvel Mystery Comics 44 (received one more vote than other two with same percentage showing)

Poll 2

Submariner 6

Marvel Mystery Comics 5

Daring Mystery Comics 4 (tie)

Marvel Mystery Comics 9 (tie)

Poll 3

Daring Mystery Comics 1

Marvel Mystery Comics 4

USA Comics 8

Poll 4

Captain America Comics 3

Startling Comics 49

Captain America Comics 27

Poll 5

Suspense Comics 3

Captain America Comics 46

Captain America Comics 28

Poll 6

Terrific Comics 5

Marvel Mystery Comics 46

Human Torch 5

Poll 7

Human Torch 12

All Select 2

Real Life Comics 3

Poll 8

All Select 1

Marvel Mystery Comics 40

Submariner 11

Again, the Final Schomburg Poll, incorporating these covers, will be posted in a couple days. As with the previous round, I'll include images.

Best wishes,

Vision75

A few updates:

(1) Will try to get the final poll out in the late PM tonight.

(2) Giving Cheetah until 10pm to submit his two wildcards. I hope he takes advantage because he provided so many amazing images of Schomburg books.

(3) Cat - your two wildcards are already incorporated in the soon-to-be-unveiled photo album!!

(4) Thanks everyone for your kind words. :acclaim: