• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Wait does this have something to do with AF15 tanking at $115,000? I like the picture of the "journalist" who wrote this "article," like, "I went to school for this?":

Marvel Is Debuting a Gay Spider-Man

Oh, and his web-slinging outfit is serving Superhero Met Gala.

undefined

June 30, 2022

Marvel SpiderMan WebWeaver

Twitter/@steve_foxe
  •  
  •  

This month’s explosion of Pride month superhero comics may be winding down, but there’s still some nice queer news on the horizon for one of our favorite long-underwear characters. Marvel Comics’ universe-hopping Edge of Spider-Verse #5, which hits stores in September, will feature three new metaverse versions of Spider-Man — including the beloved character’s first gay incarnation, known as Web-Weaver.

Marvel describes the character as a “not-so-mild mannered fashion designer at Van Dyne [Industries]” — the company owned by Janet Van Dyne, aka the Wasp — who “gets spider-powers and shows us a very different kind of Spider-Slayer.”

Edited by NoMan

On 10/31/2022 at 4:42 PM, NoMan said:

Wait does this have something to do with AF15 tanking at $115,000? I like the picture of the "journalist" who wrote this "article," like, "I went to school for this?":

Marvel Is Debuting a Gay Spider-Man

Oh, and his web-slinging outfit is serving Superhero Met Gala.

undefined

June 30, 2022

Marvel SpiderMan WebWeaver

Twitter/@steve_foxe
  •  
  •  

This month’s explosion of Pride month superhero comics may be winding down, but there’s still some nice queer news on the horizon for one of our favorite long-underwear characters. Marvel Comics’ universe-hopping Edge of Spider-Verse #5, which hits stores in September, will feature three new metaverse versions of Spider-Man — including the beloved character’s first gay incarnation, known as Web-Weaver.

Marvel describes the character as a “not-so-mild mannered fashion designer at Van Dyne [Industries]” — the company owned by Janet Van Dyne, aka the Wasp — who “gets spider-powers and shows us a very different kind of Spider-Slayer.”

Oh Jeez.

On 10/31/2022 at 9:10 PM, NoMan said:

It’s tanking. Bad investment. NoMan says NO!

Yeah but you said........ Aw nevermind. Maybe that new Spider-Man you posted above might give it a boost. A renewed interest. Lord knows Spider-Man comics could use all the help they can get these days.

On 10/31/2022 at 11:23 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

NoMan trying to crash the market to be able to get on board the AF15 train. Sorry you missed your chance long ago. Wish all you want but AF15 is not going any lower and will turn around at some point in a positive direction. No early retirement for you I am afraid NoMan.

Bus

On 10/31/2022 at 11:21 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Hahaha sure the price 6.5's were selling for a few months back this is a rare 8.5 it will blow past that amount.

CL just had a AF15 CGC 0.5 had a 15k offer yesterday and BIN 20k and it seems like it sold. Sure AF15 is crashing give me a break.

Ooops. I thought this was an 8.0 for some reason. Yeah, it'll do far better than $200k. A 7.5 went for $198k in August. That's what I was basing it on.

On 10/31/2022 at 11:21 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Hahaha sure the price 6.5's were selling for a few months back this is a rare 8.5 it will blow past that amount.

CL just had a AF15 CGC 0.5 had a 15k offer yesterday and BIN 20k and it seems like it sold. Sure AF15 is crashing give me a break.

Yep the .5 was missing a page too. I notice cgc doesn't put the word incomplete on the label anymore. They just say what page or pages are missing and call it a .5. That particular one by the cover looked around a 1.5 to 2.0 and it did well. I do think that if it had the word INCOMPLETE in all capital letters on the label it wouldn't have fared so well. I have the not so great looking but complete .5 on Comiclink right now, I'l be very happy if it comes close the what the incomplete HA .5 went for. 

You're right it's not crashing by no means but low and mid grades have had about a 20% decrease in the past few months compared to what they peaked at. At least from what I see.

Here is an update on the 2.5 to 5.0 grade spectrum.     All grades are 30-50% down between their first sale of 2022 and their last.     So that is not down from peak necessarily - just since Jan 2022.   I don't know how people define "tanking" but if being down by nearly half in a 10 months is not tanking - it's gotta be pretty close.   

Given the current market conditions I don't think that Heritage 8.5 has a shot in hell of hitting $1M.    I wouldn't be surprised if it closed under $700k.    

1380627894_ScreenShot2022-11-01at9_29_45AM.thumb.png.eebe18c9a939b88aeba321ff9e5d549a.png 

On 11/1/2022 at 10:39 AM, fishbone said:

good time to buy - remember buy low, sell high they say :highfive:

Nah, I’m working on my Shoney’s/Bob’s Big Boy run. 1st issue Everett cover. (1955). Stan Lee stories. Variants for East Coast - West Coast covers. 

Promo comics are the next thing. AF15 is really a fading star  Bob’s Big Boy promo comics are very rare  

Edited by NoMan