• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 3/20/2023 at 6:19 PM, KCOComics said:

It seems like the value is in the 3.0 - 4.0 books. 

The entry level copies have remained relatively expensive, while the mid grade has dropped pretty significantly. Leaving a fairly minimal difference in price between a 2.5 and 3.5. 

Here is the price per point for the last 3 sales of each grade which in most cases goes back to Fall 2022 (includes the Ebay 5.0 that just hit in the above post).   I wasn't tracking 2.0 or lower grades but I suspect the price per point is like the 2.5 and a slight premium to the other grades.    So somewhere between 3.5 and 4.5 would currently be the sweet spot.   

678311492_ScreenShot2023-03-21at8_39_53AM.png.46a63a6d67069c91f43266f148f831f1.png

Edited by DC#

On 3/21/2023 at 11:33 AM, gadzukes said:

It's hard to believe, but someone bought a 5.0 for $100,000 last June.  Major outlier, but it's still on GPA so I think it happened.  Must have been an upgradable copy?

That 5.0 sale for 100k was on EBay I believe. Copy had chipping Dacard World was seller 

On 3/27/2023 at 5:23 PM, rsouxlja7 said:

I have no intention of ever selling my AF15...but wow I really should've sold it last year lol 

I sold my AF15 4.0 for $47k here on the boards 2 years ago and thought I was incredibly savvy.  Then I watched prices immediately shoot up to $55k, $60k, and then $75k and I thought I was the dumbest person in the world.  Now I'm feeling pretty smart again xD

Timing is everything.

I kind of feel like Af15 is going to start it's march back up in price now.  I wish I could buy back in.

Edited by gadzukes

On 3/27/2023 at 6:34 PM, gadzukes said:

I sold my AF15 4.0 for $47k here on the boards 2 years ago and thought I was incredibly savvy.  Then I watched prices immediately shoot up to $55k, $60k, and then $75k and I thought I was the dumbest person in the world.  Now I'm feeling pretty smart again xD

Timing is everything.

I kind of feel like Af15 is going to start it's march back up in price now.  I wish I could buy back in.

I'm conflicted - I don't see comic prices going back up until stocks/crypto do and I think we are still pretty far out from recovery in those assets. 

On 3/27/2023 at 6:47 PM, rsouxlja7 said:

I'm conflicted - I don't see comic prices going back up until stocks/crypto do and I think we are still pretty far out from recovery in those assets. 

When prices do go up, it's probably better to have one than not to have one.hm

On 3/30/2023 at 11:21 AM, byosti said:

was it purple slabbed before? if so, what was it at in the resto grade?

I dunno if it was in a purple label before.  Not sure of the previous grade before removal. Impossible to find out with all restored copies graded.

I'm definitely not an expert and nowhere close to the league of the people commenting in terms of having a keen eye... But doesn't seem like an awful 7.5 to me... have definitely seen worse. 

I think people should stop being in denial about this book being soft and coming down in value and not quite finding its bottom.

Btw, I too own an AF15 so am feeling the pain, I just don't think being in denial is a good strategy!