• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, amazingspiderfan said:

THE run builder.........Can't imagine what Chuck was thinking when he walked into that , like hitting the Powerball, Shame what he did to the family though, makes me queasy .

Guess I missed out on the Chuck story after he hit the jackpot. 

Edited by peewee22

11 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Guess I missed out on the Chuck story after he hit the jackpot. 

Let's just say that they were unfairly compensated. 

On an AF15 note, it appears that this copy is up for grabs again , it is trimmed. The other guys missed that, the original was CGC graded and purchased by an ex forum member who is notorious for shenanigans. Just some insight on a book that could have had the resto removed if he hadn't been so  greedy and tried to flip it as unrestored 

Ah...I wasn't aware of the filters in place for the other guys, that is pretty silly stuff.

Question, were The Bell-Ringer, The Man In The Mummy Case, and There are Martians Among Us ever printed in  any other issue? I was really curious to read these and if they were. Wasn't able to find much info online! Thanks!

51 minutes ago, peewee22 said:
1 hour ago, amazingspiderfan said:

8.0, 9.0, 9.4 Respectively all graded . Parting with the 8.0 as that seems to be a really sweet spot in the market and my copy has never been pressed, I don't think it would get a bump and personally I do not believe in cleaning and pressing ANY books but it adds to the value. 

Without a doubt, life changing money is as stake here. Very cool stash!!

As my better half and her nattering :blahblah:  :blahblah:  :blahblah: friends would constantly remind me, I guess it really depends on where you live.  :censored:

Probably good enough for an older house on the poor side of town, but all 3 of those books wouldn't even get you a shack on the entire west side of the city here.  :cry:

But to a true comic collector like us, what you've got there is a real treasure trove.  (thumbsu  :applause:

3 hours ago, amazingspiderfan said:

On an AF15 note, it appears that this copy is up for grabs again , it is trimmed. The other guys missed that, the original was CGC graded and purchased by an ex forum member who is notorious for shenanigans. Just some insight on a book that could have had the resto removed if he hadn't been so  greedy and tried to flip it as unrestored 

what copy ?

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

As my better half and her nattering :blahblah:  :blahblah:  :blahblah: friends would constantly remind me, I guess it really depends on where you live.  :censored:

Probably good enough for an older house on the poor side of town, but all 3 of those books wouldn't even get you a shack on the entire west side of the city here.  :cry:

But to a true comic collector like us, what you've got there is a real treasure trove.  (thumbsu  :applause:

Real Estate is a risky investment comparatively , thanks for the kind words, Didn't you snag a nice AF15 from Bob recently? CONGRATS!

Very nice back cover as well, even nicer when that tape is removed ,I have a pet peeve about miswraps or I would have snagged it. In my experience books like these with a back cover defect and a sharp front cover without marvel chipping, any major creases and superior page quality are strong resale candidates. 

Amazing-Fantasy-15-3.5-1011793001-back.jpg

Edited by amazingspiderfan

2 minutes ago, amazingspiderfan said:
9 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

@amazingspiderfan

Any GA or just SA ?

GA Keys and fav covers , a handful of big players.

:popcorn:

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. Hope to see you in Gold then.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 8/24/2017 at 10:17 PM, amazingspiderfan said:

Oh and speaking of who has a handle on AF15'S , Mr Robert Storms has his webs together to say the least. Those needing an affordable copy should check out his site he clearly saw this spike coming , as many of us anticipated. He has the most public copies for sale on the web at the moment , unless you prefer Josh's chipped copies.

I Have my 5.0 listed with Bob and he works crazy hard at his business. He immediately wanted to drive five hours to come grade my collection from Long Island to upstate New Hampshire. No one else seemed hot to do that. He wound up spending the night.  I used to do just two shows a year selling glass but his pace would drive me to my knees. Right now? Off to London. Then? Chicago.  Back from San Diego. 

I loved hearing his stories about people and selling books as we went through the stacks. I have a lot of confidence in him and the group of AF 15's he's amassed is really impressive.  In a weak moment, I kept all my JIM and Thors but that's for a different thread. 

bob is aces, BUT---i just sent him an email about a book on his site, and it's been several minutes, with ZERO reply.  i'm not interested in a "he's busy at a show in london" excuse.  as with any comic-geek, it is i who must come first.   get it together, bob!

p.s.  STILL NOTHING!

Edited by Straw-Man

40 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

bob is aces, BUT---i just sent him an email about a book on his site, and it's been several minutes, with ZERO reply.  i'm not interested in a "he's busy at a show in london" excuse.  as with any comic-geek, it is i who must come first.   get it together, bob!

p.s.  STILL NOTHING!

Likewise, I just bought some books from Bob and he warned me that it would take a while to ship because books were at various conventions and had to be pulled in addition to his hectic travel schedule. Even though I told him it was no problem and ship them when he could, I'm still going to call everyday and demand my books. I'm going to call several times a day in fact. I'm not going to stop calling until I have my books. Each call will be angrier then the last. I'm a SERIOUS COMIC BOOK COLLECTOR and the everyone needs to know this. 

Edited by NoMan

1 minute ago, NoMan said:
41 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

p.s.  STILL NOTHING!

Likewise, I just bought some books from Bob and he warned me that it would take a while to ship because books were at various conventions and had to be pulled in addition to his hectic travel schedule. Even though I told him it was no problem and ship them when he could, I'm still going to call everyday and demand my books. I'm going to call several times a day in fact. I'm not going to stop calling until I have my books. Each call will be angrier then the last.

Threats ? :wishluck:

4 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Likewise, I just bought some books from Bob and he warned me that it would take a while to ship because books were at various conventions and had to be pulled in addition to his hectic travel schedule. Even though I told him it was no problem and ship them when he could, I'm still going to call everyday and demand my books. I'm going to call several times a day in fact. I'm not going to stop calling until I have my books. Each call will be angrier then the last. I'm a SERIOUS COMIC BOOK COLLECTOR and the everyone needs to know this. 

any of you not on board this mind-set need to start collecting something else.