• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,483 posts in this topic

Mr. Freeze: No matter what anyone tells you, Rick it really is the size of your gun that counts ... Not how many you have ?

The more you have of the lower grades 2.0-4.0 $9-15k; the faster you'll be able to sell them. Bigger pool of buyers.

What grade is your personal copy if you don't mind me asking? Anyway you can check into that sale of the CGC 7.5 at 110 000$ and confirm it or deny it.....you seem to have all the proper contacts?

I just picked up a 7.5 for less than 70K for a customer...so I "doubt" it is a real sale...

R, I texted the guy and got the same story. Could be real.

The 9.0 Spidey 1 he has sure is pretty.

well, there is a sucker born every day, so who knows

Under 70K for a 7.5 yes, 110K for a 7.5 :screwy:

I call NPB.

Any guesses from the wise board members as to what the 8.5 graded copy in the upcoming HA auction in August will go for? hm

^ Hey, as you know, three weeks ago that would've made my mouth water. But I think I've moved onto other objectives, lost the bug for it at these lofty heights - not to say I think it will decrease in popularity, just would rather direct really big bucks at stuff that's more scarce over stuff that tends to be highly liquid like this grail.

Offered 14,500 to the guy selling a CGC copy [4.5] for an estate here on the boards but he said he had PMs for about a thousand more.

On the bright side, just got a nice slabbed 3.5 copy of FF #5 for under a thousand, not a steal, but glad to have that one checked off the list.

What grade is your personal copy if you don't mind me asking? Anyway you can check into that sale of the CGC 7.5 at 110 000$ and confirm it or deny it.....you seem to have all the proper contacts?

I just picked up a 7.5 for less than 70K for a customer...so I "doubt" it is a real sale...

R, I texted the guy and got the same story. Could be real.

The 9.0 Spidey 1 he has sure is pretty.

well, there is a sucker born every day, so who knows

Under 70K for a 7.5 yes, 110K for a 7.5 :screwy:

I call NPB.

Any guesses from the wise board members as to what the 8.5 graded copy in the upcoming HA auction in August will go for? hm

Looks closer to an 7.5 to 8.0 with the upper left corner and center wear. Still a gorgeous copy of a famous icon. Pages look sweet. 100k sale?

162981.jpg.fb55e56cbfda3c3d1e532e40fb4eb7bb.jpg

Looks closer to an 7.5 to 8.0 with the upper left corner and center wear. Still a gorgeous copy of a famous icon. Pages look sweet. 100k sale?

Yes, back cover definitely looks a lot sharper than the front cover on this particular copy here. Like you said, still a gorgeous copy on the whole though. (thumbs u

from the prolific mister magik woo collection - it's such a nice copy.

Yes, it would appear that Magik is sticking pretty firm to his initial plan of auctioning off his books over the next few summers.

Only problem is that what was once the highest graded copy of a particular issue may not necessarily retain this title by the time they hit the auction block. Especially when it comes to some of these early SA Marvel books where some private collectors still have uber HG copies sitting in their collections just waiting to be graded and sold when the time comes. hm

I believe That book was already pressed so unlikely spending money to press again and cost to regrade would change the results...smart play is to leave as is and enjoy

Gator is correct. Assuming the book was not already pressed , pressing will not improve that upprer right hand corner on the front cover.

Attempting to do anything to that book (including sending it to CBCS hoping for a gift grade from them ) will more likely than not only reduce its slab value.

-J.