• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Yeah, eye appeal is so important to these nosebleed results for mid-grade. Not every 6.5 will go that high -- the fugly ones will stay in more modest waters, as will the 'unimprovable' copies.

That 6.5 presented very well even if the PQ was not great.

Dan

Yeah, eye appeal is so important to these nosebleed results for mid-grade. Not every 6.5 will go that high -- the fugly ones will stay in more modest waters, as will the 'unimprovable' copies.

Dan

I do not know about that a CGC 6.5 that had a lot of chipping on the front cover sold for 39 000$ on ComicLink just a few weeks ago. There are not a lot of ugly 6.5's I have only seen a few. The one I purchased is a very nice 6.5 and the ones I have seen here are also mostly all very nice as well.

Edited by Hulk1962

Dan

I do not know about that a CGC 6.5 that had a lot of chipping on the front cover sold for 39 000$ on ComicLink just a few weeks ago. There are not a lot of ugly 6.5's I have only seen a few. The one I purchased is a very nice 6.5 and the ones I have seen here are also mostly all very nice as well.

I think someone said it earlier, the 6 month time pay option probably had as much to do with the price as the fact that 6.0's have been pushing $40k, the copy presenting well, and the enthusiasm of seeing Spidey in the MCU keeping all AF 15's in general scorching hot.

-J.

I'm not at expert an pressing but notes says

Front cover small crease

Left top back back cover small crease.

The right top cover and writing arent reversible. But if it stayed at 6.5 its still worth it cause the grays are still grays and no mc

I have not seen such a high grade AF15 for sale on Ebay for a long time...CGC 7.5 Off-White Pages!! Seller should at least put a image of the back cover and his description needs a lot of spicing up!!

Link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-1962-CGC-7-5-1St-Spider-man-Unrestored-Gem-/172230456566?hash=item2819bc34f6:g:9pwAAOSwqBJXU2~e

Seller says he sold it for 110 000$. This is the message I got threw Ebay. I had told him to put a better description to help him be able to sell his book.

''Thank you for the sound advice, I put it up with my iphone and was going to edit it this weekend. However it got sold a lot quicker than I anticipated, as I agreed to the offer of $110K''.

This is what I sent him:

I hope this is true because it would be a world record price for a 7.5!! Are you a member on collectors society? If so you should post it in the AF15 thread to help us collectors who follow sales of AF15's.

Link:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9390100#Post9390100

If this is true then this is a new record high for a CGC 7.5!!

Edited by Hulk1962

The AF15 CGC 6.5 on ComicConnect just sold for 48 888$!! I am very glad I purchased mine about 6 months ago for 35 000$ (mine has a minor chip on the front and that is it....plus it has Off-White Pages the one that just sold has Cream to Off-White Pages)!!

GO SPIDEY!!

Aren't you the guy who didn't want everyone knowing what high grade books you own and what they are worth? (shrug)doh!

The AF15 CGC 6.5 on ComicConnect just sold for 48 888$!! I am very glad I purchased mine about 6 months ago for 35 000$ (mine has a minor chip on the front and that is it....plus it has Off-White Pages the one that just sold has Cream to Off-White Pages)!!

GO SPIDEY!!

Aren't you the guy who didn't want everyone knowing what high grade books you own and what they are worth? (shrug)doh!

Plus from what I gather , this is a "club" (meaning, let's see whatcha got!) " not a value assessment thread, which this has become , but who knows anymore :ohnoez:

GO SPIDEY!!

Plus from what I gather , this is a "club" (meaning, let's see whatcha got!) " not a value assessment thread, which is has become , but who knows anymore :ohnoez:

Welcome to the Dealer's Society Message Boards. ;)

So now that we're all in agreement that it's okay to discuss the market trends of a book that we own and love in a Club thread .....

....anybody make a note on what the other copies in the CC auction finished at ? I saw the restored 1.0 doing very well on there as well.

-J.

As someone who thinks the other company's SA keys have been selling at a discount, I have to say it's not evident in the price of the 4.5 on CC last night.

As someone who thinks the other company's SA keys have been selling at a discount, I have to say it's not evident in the price of the 4.5 on CC last night.

grays and overall colors were ok on that 4.5, I've owned wide range of grades, and I have to say the grays being still gray makes a huge difference in eye appeal

So now that we're all in agreement that it's okay to discuss the market trends of a book that we own and love in a Club thread .....

....anybody make a note on what the other copies in the CC auction finished at ? I saw the restored 1.0 doing very well on there as well.

-J.

How much was the 1.0 going for?

-J.

There wasn't a poll.

We need a poll.

I don't know what to think without a poll.

Poll.

article_0_129_FAF24000005_DC_166_468x455.jpg