• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Just uncheck the box :gossip:

Or just post less. :whistle:

If me and you stopped posting there would be a 50% drop in total posts lolll!!

I will try to post less.

It's not the number of posts but the substance. All you ever talk about is the financials.

It's really getting tedious and BORING.

I will try to post less.

It's not the number of posts but the substance. All you ever talk about is the financials.

It's really getting tedious and BORING.

By the way I was not the one to report the current 460 000$ sale I just replied to it. We all have things we like and could care less about in other members posts.....when I don't care about what someone said I simply ignore it (does not mean others find it useless so I respect what is said)....you know you can do the same.

Edited by SupergirlDC1959

I will try to post less.

:idea:

Or you could try to hit the Preview button first, then read and edit your post accordingly before hitting the Submit button. :baiting:lol

Uncheck what box?

The mark as edited box. When you edit your post you have the option to make it known that you edited, or you can uncheck that box and make those edits without telling the world.

I generally check that box but only because I hate the little letters at the bottom of a post making the post look less clean. The OCD in me hates it but I will leave it if it's somehow helpful to the discussion when the edit was made.

I agree. When I make non material typos, I don't check the box. If there was something meaningful or that could cause confusion, I check it to clarify.

The crazy thing is the amount of grammatical errors still present post edit. :whistle:

As mentioned previously I am French not English so I try my best but still make errors.

I agree. When I make non material typos, I don't check the box. If there was something meaningful or that could cause confusion, I check it to clarify.

The crazy thing is the amount of grammatical errors still present post edit. :whistle:

As mentioned previously I am French not English so I try my best but still make errors.

As already suggested above, just click "Preview Post" then make your corrections before clicking "Submit". It won't take any more time and you'll avoid a custom title of "The Guy Who Edits Every Single Freaking Post He Posts".

Don't fret about that. There are plenty of anglophones here that commit all sorts of grammatical atrocities.

Don't fret about that. There are plenty of anglophones here that commit all sorts of grammatical atrocities.

Thanks!!

Still, no harm in following advice given about the box. ;)

Thanks!!

Still, no harm in following advice given about the box. ;)

I will do that. Merci!!

I am in the middle of rescanning certain books. I never had a scanner when I first posted my copies so I figured that it was long past due. I scanned the front and back sides of the slab using an HP8300 that I am still figuring out how to best use. Each pair of scans has a slight background in regards to the acquisition of the book. Yes, I still have all three books. No, none of them are for sale.

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 1.8 Cream to Off White Pages

Date of Purchase: around Spring of 1998.

Purchased from: Vincent Zurzolo (there was no Metropolis back then)

Pressing Status: Never been Pressed

I picked this up on my lunch break while working at the mall. I took a trip out to the Rockville Centre Holiday Inn show with some cash and a credit card and bought this book there. I took it back to the mall where it say on a shelf in the stock room until the day ended. I was but a kid then and Vincent treated me with the same respect as a buyer as he would an adult whale buying Tec 27's. He treated me very well even before he realized I was serious about buying the AF15. If I recall correctly there were other copies in the room that day but none that were within my price range at the time and none belonging to dealers that thought I was serious about buying. Their loss as Vincent walked off with my money and I walked off with this copy.

AF15cgc18a.jpg

AF15cgc18b.jpg

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 3.5 Cream to Off White Pages

Date of Purchase: October, 2010

Purchased from: Rick and Adam at NYCC 2010

Pressing Status: Unknown

With cash in hand I was hell bent on getting a nicer copy of AF15. I wanted to keep both of them and had recently, and finally paid off my car and student loans. I had a few thousand left over to buy another copy. I honestly believe that this was the nicest copy on the floor that day in that grade range.

AF15cgc35a.jpg

AF15cgc35b.jpg

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 6.0 Off White to White Pages

Date of Purchase: around July of 2012.

Purchased from: Heritage Auctions

Pressing Status: Unknown

Part of the Big Apple Collection

I wanted another copy for some reason and I wanted a serious upgrade. When you join the CGC forum they ask you what your most desired collectible would be. I had listed an AF15 in a 5.0-6.0 as a realistic goal. From January through June I kept losing every auction for every copy offered between CLink, Metropolis, Heritage and Sparklecity on eBay. When I received the Heritage Catalog in the mail for the July 2012 auction, I figured I would bring this copy home. With a glass of Jameson and some cringing I took this book home.

I am thinking that three is enough as I have other things in 2017 to buy.

AF15cgc60a.jpg

AF15cgc60b.jpg

There you go... proper scans of my three copies.