• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, SC22 said:

These things have ALL been addressed already over and over again.

So what !? The same could be said for your relentless humping of the book too.

A boardie mentioned today's census population and his thoughts about it and received some insight of what has been posted that he may not be aware of.

Edited by Gotham Kid

10 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

So what ? The same could be said for your relentless humping of the book too.

Don't take it personally just seems like some things just never end and people hope for a new answer (aka outcome) that suits their needs or they are just trying to throw a stick in the wheels to see what happens. Gator said what he said that's it.....end of story!! Poor Gator the guy must need a huge glass of water for his dried up throat after ''saying'' (in this case typing) the same things so many times.

Edited by SC22

18 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

A boardie mentioned today's census population and his thoughts about it and received some insight of what has been posted that he may not be aware of.

No way this member has not seen this in the past he was even part of some of the same exact discussions. I remember him participating. He has almost 7000 posts he has been here for what like a decade.

Edited by SC22

14 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Gator said what he said that's it.....end of story!! Poor Gator the guy must need a huge glass of water for his dried up throat after saying the same things so many times.

*sigh*

GAtor is humble enough to be the first person to tell you that the comic world does not start and end with him. He will also tell you that he is NOT the see-all and know-all of all things in the hobby.

15 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

*sigh*

GAtor is humble enough to be the first person to tell you that the comic world does not start and end with him. He will also tell you that he is NOT the see-all and know-all of all things in the hobby.

I know that but most people here respect his opinions enough to not to always question the same things over and over again in hopes of a certain outcome that suits them and their needs.

Nobody said that Gator was some kind of Oracle or the All Seen Eye but when he speaks he does so in a respectful manner and he has plenty of knowledge witch is a combination not always seen here....so I respect him and so do many others....and by sharing his valuable knowledge many times he saves us from attacking one and other to see  who will ''win'' a discussion. But some just seem to want to go at it hence the reason the same subjects keep coming up....they already know the answers but want to stir things up for no good reason.

By the way Gotham kid your a cool member here I have no beef with you!!

Edited by SC22

6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Seeing as how you refer to GAtor's input, go back and read the part where Gator addresses the sustainability of pricing. Yes the books may be absorbed but will they be absorbed at these astronomical prices ... likely no.

Time will tell. BTW - I just love the pre-Robin TECs in your signature line.

Hey guys been following for a while this is my theory about why the af 15 clean copies are going so crazy......it's fox mulderish but hear me out......these prices got crazy in march and seem to be continuing but why? I truly believe this isn't newbies who don't know better or random buys.....I feel someone knows something and willing to pay crazy $.....two reasons one Venom....yeah venom.....movies hits next year and we  don't know yet if it's flash Thompson or any Brock my guess is it's going to be flash Thompson and what is his first appearance? Af 15!!!! I feel a deep pocket guy or group of buyers are buying these up for this reason.....Think about it how much would it change the af 15 if it's not just spideys first appearance but also flash Thompsons.....this would add even more credence to this book then it already has.....people will go crazy if it's flash who plays venom.....think.....why are all of these sales thru auction houses that don't report to gpa?? eBay sales are going private so they can't report the sale either.....very slick.....to those not paying attention they don't see what market is doing privately and list books by gpa and getting grabbed up within a day thus doing it quietly....reason 2.....setting th market for non chip copies for me is a log time coming......cgc census has to be inflated with the amount of cracked out books that get resubbed raw over and over.....half of af 15s are probably chippped in some way.....so cut census in half or argument sake 40%.....that number plummets to 700ish non chipped copies I feel venom is reason secretly for spideys rise someone I think knows something and all silver age keys prone to marvel chipping will see a rise in value for non chipped copies but af 15 is just a different animal thanks for reading 

Venom is NOT going to be Flash Thompson in the movie.  

Biggest hint is Brock just got the symbiote back in the comics (how convenient!) and the movie planned is going to be a hard R rating, horror/sci-fi (yes please!).  

Not much room for "Agent Venom" there.  (Thank god! And. Yuck!). lol

-J.

Anyone know what the cheapest available 4.0 is right now to buy? Not auction, not "make offer". Like who has the cheapest 4.0 for sale as of today anyone can buy? The average price for reported sales went from 13-16k (going up as time went on).  Whats the least you can pay for it today?

At the end of the day, what someone will sell it for right now tells you what you need to know about this book. Anyone willing to sell ANY unrestored decent PQ copy of this book for any price within 25% of 2016 prices?

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

*sigh*

You mean he is not the "oracle".  Millions of Fans will surely be disappointed at his next appearance at a convention.  I had so many questions saved up for him.  

3 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

You mean he is not the "oracle".  Millions of Fans will surely be disappointed at his next appearance at a convention.  I had so many questions saved up for him.  

Only millions?

21 hours ago, Spyderfan said:

Awesome book! I hope it gets $40k. Too bad you cannot see the Stan Lee sig inside. A photograph would be nice. And it's probably one of his better, legible, signatures, not signed en masse.

9 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Wait until the raw copies in private collections start to get graded over the years to come. 500 will quickly become 5000.

Easy enough, one should start to collect 7.5 and above, that way less concern about too many copies available.  

When I used to go to the newsstand in the 60s and 70s, it felt like just me and Spidey (me being the only fan in my small South Arkansas community).  Now it seems like me, Spidey and 10 million fans due to the Spidey frenzy. Weird.

10 hours ago, SC22 said:
10 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

No way this member has not seen this in the past he was even part of some of the same exact discussions. I remember him participating. He has almost 7000 posts he has been here for what like a decade.

Well aware of the strong pricing momentum for the AF 15's over the past couple of years, although this was the first time I took a look at the census population report for the book.

Just a bit surprised that there were already over 500 mid-grade copies considering that the prices in this condition range seems to be approaching $10K on a price per point basis and in some cases, even surpassing $10K on a PPP basis.  With this many copies out there and the possibility of other raw mid-grade copies still be to graded, I am not sure if this same upward trajectory in prices that we've seen in the recent past can be sustained over time.  hm

3 hours ago, yanksarod22 said:

why are all of these sales thru auction houses that don't report to gpa??

Most of the biggest sales for AF 15's have been going through CC and as far as I know, their auction results are reported through to GPA.  :gossip:

The only major auction house that does not report to GPA is CL since they only wanted to provide "select" auction results to GPA.  Not only is this type of information useless, it is also damaging since it is really misinformation provided to give only a biased and incomplete picture of the marketplace.  (tsk)  :makepoint:

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well aware of the strong pricing momentum for the AF 15's over the past couple of years, although this was the first time I took a look at the census population report for the book.

Just a bit surprised that there were already over 500 mid-grade copies considering that the prices in this condition range seems to be approaching $10K on a price per point basis and in some cases, even surpassing $10K on a PPP basis.  With this many copies out there and the possibility of other raw mid-grade copies still be to graded, I am not sure if this same upward trajectory in prices that we've seen in the recent past can be sustained over time.  hm

In regards to the census, how inflated do we think it is due to CPR books that have not been removed? I know I have had CPR done to some books and since the C and P were not done by CGC, they wouldn't remove the old books from census when I called to nofity them. I understand why they wouldn't change the census but it does throw it out of whack.

1 minute ago, Jordysnordy said:

In regards to the census, how inflated do we think it is due to CPR books that have not been removed? I know I have had CPR done to some books and since the C and P were not done by CGC, they wouldn't remove the old books from census when I called to nofity them. I understand why they wouldn't change the census but it does throw it out of whack.

On the other hand, the census population is most likely understated due to the fact that all of the AF 15's being graded by the other company would not be included in the CGC census. 

Until they get around to generating a census population report of their own, I assume the numbers in the CGC census might actually be on the low side since I assume the unremoved CPR labels are probably more than offset by the number of copies being slabbed by the other company.  hm