• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

That's a wonderful copy WOW!!! I'd like to join the club please. I drove 140km in a bad snow storm to trade for my copy. It's a 2.0 I'm happy with it . It finishes my Spiderman collection . I have entire run ASM 1-792 plus this AF 15. Couldn't be happier folks;

IMG_7087.JPG

IMG_7091.JPG

IMG_7095.JPG

IMG_7123.JPG

(worship)

5 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

Thanks for feedback. It's the kind of book that I felt was almost out of reach for me I was desperate to get one. The Dell'Otto prints all came from Europe . Most are signed and there are very htf early pieces there. He drew a Spiderman ( modern ) version I felt was kick so I collected him exclusively . Here are few more;

IMG_7153.JPG

IMG_7180.JPG

IMG_7277.JPG

IMG_7397.JPG

IMG_8084.JPG

These are some awesome images by Dell'otto.

You should share them here as well:

-J.

16 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

The spine splits with the stain are the killers.  Still, it’s a great looking book.  

Those and the cover tears and the partially detached cover.

23 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

Thanks everyone. I focused on comics first , then statues and finally artwork. So much choice and decision making. I haven't even displayed my statues yet I believe both the comics and statues will compliment what I've tried to do. 

CONGRATS!!  AWESOME COLLECTION AND KILLER FOR THE GRADE AF15!! :headbang:

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

Read the history behind why there’s a ind. mark on the top of some silver age marvels.  Never thought much about until I ended with an af15 that had the mark.  Most of my af15s i’ve Owned don’t have it

And the variant crowd just lost their collective s$%t... lol

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

Read the history behind why there’s a ind. mark on the top of some silver age marvels.  Never thought much about until I ended with an af15 that had the mark.  Most of my af15s i’ve Owned don’t have it

I'm fairly sure all AF15s have the ind mark.  It's just that it gets lost in the dark brown.  They should have made it a light color if they wanted it to show up.

I don't know the story of the ind mark... care to share a link?

Edited by gadzukes

3 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I'm fairly sure all AF15s have the ind mark.  It's just that it gets lost in the dark brown.  They should have made it a light color if they wanted it to show up.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO80fyZkRaKwYAOyhx.9w4;_ylu=X3oDMTByM3V1YTVuBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1514461043/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fstaging.comicbookhistorians.com%2fthe-1957-atlas-implosions-effect-on-marvels-silver-age%2f/RK=2/RS=y2d4zxWF41S_Ol2xb1qhv9_hnjw-

4 hours ago, gadzukes said:

One of my af15 has a lighter brown so I can see it the ind. mark clearly.  Can’t tell from the other copies I have due to dark brown 

Edited by Spiderturtle

15 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

One of my af15 has a lighter brown so I can see it the ind. mark clearly.  Can’t tell from the other copies I have due to dark brown 

Interesting story.

By shining a mag light on an AF15's upper left corner, you can clearly see the IND. mark.

20 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Seemed like a real dirty back stabbing business bitd. Makes you wonder

Sadly I don't think much has changed, at least insofar as human nature goes.  The only real variable is the power dynamic, which can keep the worst behavior in check to the extent that it's more balanced between creators and management.  This is true whether we're talking about comic book publishing, movie making, high tech, or any other industry.

4 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

That link isn't working, but I think this is the article in question.

https://staging.comicbookhistorians.com/the-1957-atlas-implosions-effect-on-marvels-silver-age/

Thanks for sharing this -- I certainly learned a few things!

Thank you for taking the time to post link.  Very interesting! Love to learn!

Nice CVA 9.0 in the upcoming CLINK Feb Focused Auction...anyone's book here?  Final price predictions?  Anyone with a spare condo to sell has a shot... lol

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2018feb%23Item_1215759&id=1215759&itemType=0

AF15_9.0.jpg

Edited by trmoore54

8 hours ago, trmoore54 said:

Nice CVA 9.0 in the upcoming CLINK Feb Focused Auction...anyone's book here?  Final price predictions?  Anyone with a spare condo to sell has a shot... lol

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2018feb%23Item_1215759&id=1215759&itemType=0

AF15_9.0.jpg

Nice looking 9.0