• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Okay, I now have a 28 & 29 but still haven't found the right 27 for me.

Just received this today..........

IMG_4060.jpg

where did that come from. holding out on me hey buster. :taptaptap:

Nice books all! I need me a #28 & 29. The #28 seems to come up for sale less frequently than the 27 & 29, just my observation not a fact. All 3 have fabulous covers. The Heath covers in the title are also pretty spectacular.

I wonder why Marvel never attempted grey-tone covers - or didn't they? ???

Nice copy of 35. All 3 issues have been picking up some steam lately with him appearing on TV soon.

True! (thumbs u

The Atom Showcases also is a great series of covers, by Gil Kane and they continued into the series.

These were some groundbreaking covers IMHO.

Unfortunately for me, this thread is 25 years too late. I sold my complete Showcase run in to a dealer in 1989, except for 3 issues. Yes, I had a Showcase #4 in VF but it had some color touch on the spine. The majority of my set was in VF condition. The 3 issues I kept were #s 17, 18 and 19. I kept them because I was also keeping Mystery In Space #53 up. Only 2 of the 3 that I kept are scanned, as one of them has a piece replaced on the cover and color touch [the #17]. Here are the scans of the #18 and 19.

Showcase18300dpi.jpg

Showcase19300dpi.jpg

Thank you for the kind words, Boba! I love those Don / Maggie's. I have 6 of them so far.

Don/Maggie is really a grat collection for showcase.

You are very lucky to own six of them.

Here is one I got a few wekks back.

Very nice book but there are some tears on back cover edge which justify the grade,

DSCN8109_zpsef8b59ea.jpg

Thank you for the kind words, Boba! I love those Don / Maggie's. I have 6 of them so far.

Don/Maggie is really a grat collection for showcase.

You are very lucky to own six of them.

Here is one I got a few wekks back.

Very nice book but there are some tears on back cover edge which justify the grade,

DSCN8109_zpsef8b59ea.jpg

Congrats to you on the pickup. I love all of the colors used on the cover. They really make you focus on each characters' details. Also, I just picked up my 7th Don Maggie book, though I haven't had a chance to scan it yet, or add it to my registry set. Maybe next week.

I snagged another copy of my favorite blue cover, and count them, there are many, viola:

2207b164-b301-4ebb-af92-d857102e5ac0_zpsf249d443.jpg

I was complaining about the possibility of color touch removal in another thread,

still it's a nice book regardless of if it is or not, and it's a 7.0 as well.