• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

i'd say 64 only to be inclusive of the last spectre.

That'd be fine too (:

No one has responded in the actual Registry Thread, but I assume during summertime things slow down for everyone, and eventually something will happen.

I put some books into my set yesterday, it was fun to fill the holes that've been vacant for so long. #11, 12,15, 20, 21, 27, 34, 43, 55. I only need 4 for the 1-61 set.

That'd be fine too (:

No one has responded in the actual Registry Thread, but I assume during summertime things slow down for everyone, and eventually something will happen.

I put some books into my set yesterday, it was fun to fill the holes that've been vacant for so long. #11, 12,15, 20, 21, 27, 34, 43, 55. I only need 4 for the 1-61 set.

That's impressive. What are the four still missing?

That'd be fine too (:

That's impressive. What are the four still missing?

16, 28, 29 & 54 hm

I actually had gotten a #54 but I discovered a stain on the cover and returned it to Metro.

Nice book. I have old label 58 Boston with the same PQ. I haven't seen many high grade 58's that weren't Boston pedigrees. lol

That's true, I would like to know just how many there are that grade 9.6

16, 28, 29 & 54 hm

I actually had gotten a #54 but I discovered a stain on the cover and returned it to Metro.

Wonderful :applause:

I would dream to have only 4 issues to complete a 1-61 run !

I understand when you talked about missing a 16... it is very scarce.

Didn't see much 28 either, and I always been outbid for this one.

Maybe you will try the 54 Don/Maggie on HA soon ?

Seems to be a very nice book !

Wonderful book Mike !

Too bad you did not sell it to me... :whistle:

I'll trade you for your Showcase 13, Bruno lol

Nice try ! lol

You should try again after making me drink a few beers !

Wonderful book Mike !

Too bad you did not sell it to me... :whistle:

I'll trade you for your Showcase 13, Bruno lol

Nice try ! lol

You should try again after making me drink a few beers !

Deal, let's have a few after comic-con!!

I'll throw in a few more books to close the deal... :wishluck:

16, 28, 29 & 54 hm

Wonderful :applause:

I would dream to have only 4 issues to complete a 1-61 run !

I understand when you talked about missing a 16... it is very scarce.

Didn't see much 28 either, and I always been outbid for this one.

Maybe you will try the 54 Don/Maggie on HA soon ?

Seems to be a very nice book !

Hmmm, maybe I will :idea:

Our very own club member Joey (roulette44) is now shown as #2 in the registry rankings, and I think maybe Sam I am might be right behind him at #3, even though the list shows him at #4 (I think they haven't deducted points for books no longer in the current #3 set).

Great work on a very hard set guys! :acclaim:

Our very own club member Joey (roulette44) is now shown as #2 in the registry rankings, and I think maybe Sam I am might be right behind him at #3, even though the list shows him at #4 (I think they haven't deducted points for books no longer in the current #3 set).

Technically, Joey is ranked #1 . The #1 set is obscured, hence it no longer gets an 'official' rank and Joey moves up to #1. In any case, it is quite the accomplishment. Joey's set is very robust and nearly complete with a highlight of #4 in an 8.5 ! :applause:

Thanks Boba. (thumbs u

I've had a WTB for SC 1 up for a week, but no nibbles yet. Not easy to find in 5.0+ at all

Any word back on splitting the set yet?

That's a real tough book for sure. I'm sure there's one out there with your name on it (hopefully in pencil) lol .

I just posted in the official requests thread where I probably should have posted before. Take a look - I think I make a good point about the 1-60's being tough Silver Age set vs the Bronze and Copper issues that follow (is that the right age?) - and how some folks only focus on the post 60 books.

Technically, Joey is ranked #1 . The #1 set is obscured, hence it no longer gets an 'official' rank and Joey moves up to #1. In any case, it is quite the accomplishment. Joey's set is very robust and nearly complete with a highlight of #4 in an 8.5 ! :applause:

I feel so guilty he sold me his #11 - I told him to replace it with another from his vault :o but I guess he hasn't had time (or another copy).

Indeed that #4 is STOUT :sumo:

CONGRATS JOEY :acclaim:

. . . and to you Sam, a strong second (thumbs u