• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

I thought Joey (roulette44) had a 8.0 Showcase Atom he was selling hm

Sold my friend. I'm going to hold on to the few copies I have, although I do have the 9.0 listed (sounds like I paid more for mine than someone else is selling theres, if ebay has a 9.0 for $4k

Sold my friend. I'm going to hold on to the few copies I have, although I do have the 9.0 listed (sounds like I paid more for mine than someone else is selling theres, if ebay has a 9.0 for $4k

The eBay 9.0 is at $4,650 with plenty of watchers.

Check out this from the Denver Post yesterday, with an image of Showcase 34. Very cool.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nerd/2014/07/07/brandon-routh-atom-arrow/2588/

I've been lucky to get a few books I needed over the past few weeks.

2 Challenger's Showcases from our own roulette44:

#11 Kirby goodness, with a cool old dime-store back-issue price stamp.

#12 more Kirby goodness.

:luhv:

Wonderful books !

I am still dreaming about a challengers showcase...

I just got a copy of the Archive Edition Volume 1, which has reprints of the covers and stories in Showcase 6, 7, 11, 12 & Challengers 1 & 2, and I love it! Especially since my books are slabbed. In fact I liked it so much I also just bought a copy of the The Flash Vol. 1 with Showcases 4 - 14 (I'm waiting for that to arrive).

They are a great alternative, until you can get an original :idea:

The eBay 9.0 is at $4,650 with plenty of watchers.

Check out this from the Denver Post yesterday, with an image of Showcase 34. Very cool.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nerd/2014/07/07/brandon-routh-atom-arrow/2588/

I know I mentioned this a few pages back, but the book on Ebay should not be there if that is the correct scan and barcode. The scans of the book shown on Ebay are of the book that is currently in my collection. I have messaged the seller twice about this, but it has still had the listing renewed for a few months since I purchased it. That is probably why every offer is being declined.

I'm bored this morning. :cloud9:

dogandcgcslabs005.jpg

Sweet!! :luhv:

That book is on top of my want list.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Bob (thumbs u

I might have 5 7.5/8.0 copies :whistle:
:o

I might have to that too, Boba. I'll check Amazon today.

(thumbs u

Great book. Is it for sale? :baiting:

:slapfight:

Just got this reply today through my Ebay profile regarding the Showcase 34 9.0 finally being taken down.

Oops! Classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand did.

Thanks for the "heads up".

Robert Dennis, Director

Lewis Wayne Gallery

- lewiswaynegallery

I couldn't decide if it should be 61 or 64 (the last Spectre issue), but 62 & 63, the 2 Inferior Five's between (61 & 64) seemed to me to be the first departure from the "serious" try-outs and topics, to the satirical ones like this and a few others (Angel and the Ape, Anthro, others). It's not a judgement call as far as one being superior to the other, although I certainly have a preference, it just seemed like a point of departure from the previous 61 issues. Also - I saw a lot of sets that seemed to have a heavy focus on one range or the other.

I couldn't decide if it should be 61 or 64 (the last Spectre issue), but 62 & 63, the 2 Inferior Five's between (61 & 64) seemed to me to be the first departure from the "serious" try-outs and topics, to the satirical ones like this and a few others (Angel and the Ape, Anthro, others). It's not a judgement call as far as one being superior to the other, although I certainly have a preference, it just seemed like a point of departure from the previous 61 issues. Also - I saw a lot of sets that seemed to have a heavy focus on one range or the other.

I agree, except what about this one...

Showcase64.jpg

I agree, except what about this one...

Showcase64.jpg

True - this gave me problems. I thought about maybe moving the line to 64. Let's see what CGC thinks - I imagine they put some thought into these things. Although there is a registry set with only #22, 23 & 24 - what's up with that?