• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

After sleeping on it I think I was confusing a #15 that also came up for sale after I had purchased an identically graded copy a few weeks earlier. Same situation - same venue Heritage. So it wasn't 3 it was 2. It's still weird how 2 books I have been looking for, 2 copies of each pop up for sale like this. I hope a #16 comes along soon. I totally missed a 5.0 that went for peanuts back in February.

There has been 3 #15 CGC 6.0 cream to off-white that came up in a row recently (2 on Heritage and I purchased the last one, 1 on ebay). It was very confusing.

I think there is more people collecting showcases recently, maybe it can help to find at last all this ultra-scarce non-key issues ?

I can't find one for a year, and then in the course of a month 3 of them in the same grade appear hm

http://www.ha.com/c/mobile/view-item.zx?saleNo=121427&lotNo=11378

Rip Hunter are still very difficult to find, it's great to purchase a #20.

Surprising to see 2 in a row like this one !

Too bad I didn't plan to bid on any of these nice copies...

I remember a few years back, all Rip Hunter issues were so scarce there were 20 graded for each issues (with highest grade 8.5 at best) !

Here is a scan of my #25

abb859e6-5e78-4ab6-8982-1277f43ee6e5_zpsda537332.jpg

A nice average FN+ book if not this almost torn corner...

I've been lucky to get a few books I needed over the past few weeks.

Got this #45 off Comiclink:

RADDD39F2014527_113650_zpsf2a17c9b.jpg

2 Challenger's Showcases from our own roulette44:

#11 Kirby goodness, with a cool old dime-store back-issue price stamp.

e1b84cee-c7c3-4e46-a9cc-5a8354d4be0a_zps97e7719e.jpg

#12 more Kirby goodness.

a9361667-00a4-4baa-897d-f4cc53580745_zps11bdc79b.jpg

:luhv:

Wow, more great looking books from Joey. I have 11 and 12 still to conquer on my run as well, but a few others I plan on tackling before them. hm

Thanks (thumbs u

So did you get your #20 tonight :eek::wishluck:

Nope. I ended up holding back on this one, since I would have been the new record price to get it. There are other books coming up for auction soon that I can get a better $ to registry points ratio deal on.

Very interesting news, Boba. Thanks for sharing it. I guess DC is trying to circumvent the Antman film showcasing growth powers with a similarly powered character. Someone is listing a 9.0 for auction next month. I don't recall where I saw it, but I'm curious to see where it ends up. HA has a BIN for $3995, but no takers as of yet.

Very awesome news and great actor! I really felt for him the way the Superman movie almost destroyed his career. However, with Arrow, the Flash and now Atom around, the TV DCU is starting to bloom and paving an excellent opportunity for the JL or Teen Titans.

Showcase #34 has been a very undervalued book for a very long time. Considering that VF- copies can be had for $700 or less, it is one of the most inexpensive SA 1st apps.

Can't wait to see the Atom in Action :shy:

Ah those great DC team-ups, Green Arrow and Black Canary, Green Lantern and Flash, Atom and Hawkman,

the list goes on and on, the possibilities endless :cloud9:

Ivy University ftw.

Let's see them actually do something with Hawkman and then the comic universe really will be turned upside down.

Forget Hawkman. Animal Man!!!!

Someone is listing a 9.0 for auction next month. I don't recall where I saw it, but I'm curious to see where it ends up. HA has a BIN for $3995, but no takers as of yet.

There is a #34 9.0 on Heritage, it is the same listed BIN for $3995.

In fact, it was a wrong Curator pedigree !

Here is a link to the board where the problem was exposed :

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7768767

Thanks a lot Bob for your investigation !

This issue didn't seem so great for a Curator.

I've been lucky to get a few books I needed over the past few weeks.

2 Challenger's Showcases from our own roulette44:

#11 Kirby goodness, with a cool old dime-store back-issue price stamp.

#12 more Kirby goodness.

:luhv:

Wonderful books !

I am still dreaming about a challengers showcase...