• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Now who needs a Showcase #11? hm

http://www.ebay.com/mbf/BidsOffers?MyEbay&gbh=1

:news: that was a STEAL :cry:

I cannot use your link, what was the price ?? :(

I do need a showcase #11 !

My next objective is to get a challengers issue.

Unfortunately, I must wait and save a lot. I spent to much bidding on Heritage for Don/Maggie books. I am off-budget now...

lol

Now who needs a Showcase #11? hm

http://www.ebay.com/mbf/BidsOffers?MyEbay&gbh=1

:news: that was a STEAL :cry:

I cannot use your link, what was the price ?? :(

I do need a showcase #11 !

My next objective is to get a challengers issue.

Unfortunately, I must wait and save a lot. I spent to much bidding on Heritage for Don/Maggie books. I am off-budget now...

lol

$210 :o

I bid on it, but I just bought one for a lot more and didn't need it.

Methinks somebody got a gift. (shrug)

For Showcase and pedigrees fans, here is of an update of a former post.

I hope it will help you to chose which pedigree Showcase to collect.

TabSC800x388_zpse19e6a14.jpg

TabSC2800x566_zps51c6142a.jpg

Note only graded comics were used.

In case of multiple copies, only highest book is kept (for instance, there is less Boston but average grade is higher).

As you can see, Don/Maggie is a beautiful pedigree for Showcase with nice page quality.

I just updated my registry set with my most recent purchases. As of today, I need 21 more issues to complete my run.

Congratulations Sam, you have a wonderful Showcase collection and assembled it very quickly !

Some of the issues you miss are very scarce, hope you will get them soon. ;)

Nice you got the #62 Curator. I tried to bid on it but it was quickly outbid ! lol

Curator Showcases are hard to find (I only know six of them), so it is always a great add to a collection.

Congrats ! :golfclap:

Edited by BPLZ

I just updated my registry set with my most recent purchases. As of today, I need 21 more issues to complete my run.

Congratulations Sam, you have a wonderful Showcase collection and assembled it very quickly !

Some of the issues you miss are very scarce, hope you will get them soon. ;)

Nice you got the #62 Curator. I tried to bid on it but it was quickly outbid ! lol

Curator Showcases are hard to find (I only know six of them), so it is always a great add to a collection.

Congrats ! :golfclap:

Thanks for the compliment. I thought this might be my only shot at a Curator book, so I went in pretty strong. Those scarce books will be fun to hunt down; but not fun to pay for. lol

A buddy here on the boards passed this not to me - this should be interesting :grin:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=577356

A very nice book indeed.

If anyone wants to offer it to me, I'll take it !

It was already too expensive before the SC#4 prices explode. I will definitively won't buy it unless I sell my house... lol

I think only the Bethlehem SC#4 has a better grade, this is the second best pedigree for this issue.

Well, we will see where it gets...

Edited by BPLZ

Oh man, those are beautiful! What a brilliant body of work those covers are.

They're all great, but the #28 is especially hard to find in good shape, and you have a nice copy there.

Thanks for sharing them (thumbs u

I wrote and heard from Gemma a few weeks ago that the split in 2 Showcase registry sets are in the cue to be addressed, here is her response:

I have added it to the next list of set requests so once the current list is complete it will be added.

Sincerely,

Gemma

I'm not sure how they'd handle it - leave the 1-104 registry set and just add 2 new ones or split the existing one - which I don't know how they'd do that since folks are already in the old set - but I guess we will see.

People like our own Sam-I-am could have 2 top registry sets instead of the one given the depth of his set. I put my set on obscure as I am doing a lot of swaps. I'm not a playa anyway - not even close to sets like roulette44 (Joey) and Sam.

Keep checking for the new split-Showcase sets!

Bob

Joey D will always have the top set. I can't touch books like his SC4 and SC22 in grade any time soon. I just like being up there near the top. My goal is still to have the highest average grade complete 1-104 set some day. On the 64-104 upcoming set, I think there is another pretty high ranking 1-104 set, that is predominately 50-104, and all 9.4 to 9.8's

I understand, but your set is one of the best from 1-104, with books beyond where many of us (who start from "1") have ventured. You seem to be well on your way toward achieving your goal, and some of the books you've bought to date prove you're no lightweight. I think if you stick to it, you will get there and then be thinking, hey I'm going to upgrade this and that.