• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Does it matter a whole lot that issue 7 is the 1st June Robbins. As DC/Warner Bros ramps up their movie portfolio I could see this going the route of MSH 13 if the Challengers ever hit the screen.

scan0348.jpg

Does it matter a whole lot that issue 7 is the 1st June Robbins. As DC/Warner Bros ramps up their movie portfolio I could see this going the route of MSH 13 if the Challengers ever hit the screen.

scan0348.jpg

I'd love to see the Challs on the big-screen :luhv:

Here's another good one on Ebay (coincidentally with only 6 hours left). If I hadn't just gotten one of these, I'd go for this. I looked far and wide for one all last year.

Several low grade copies was all I could find at NYCC, and all were overpriced IMHO.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251706538743?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Wow, a #37 in 7.0 with WHITE pages ! Don't see that too often. I'm actually thinking about downgrading my 7.5 OW to that copy for the PQ, seriously.

I saw that. I'm gonna sit on my hands promise :wishluck:

There's a few in the Heritage November 20th auction as well, a #4 in 6.0 is especially intriguing and a #17 in 8.0 that is already close to $2500 (with BP).

I was wondering if anyone here snagged that #16 in 8.0 on eBay from Collectors Comics. I was watching that for a while, but the $2200 price was a bit rich for me.

Are we gonna see it on your registry set Sam? :shy:

As always, your books epitomize the concept of having fun collecting with out the plastic between the sheets.

It puzzles me how ComicConnect can list these Showcases from a bound set as 6.0's with trimmed and heavily taped spines?

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=563011

Are they giving us what-if grades, what if all this terrible stuff wasn't done to the book it'd be a 6.0 :P

I hate to think what'd come down if anyone here tried to pull that stunt. Bastions of the hobby they are naughty.gif

Also, the Showcase split set is only 5 sets away from happening. Thanks Boba. :headbang:

I would say so, and the fact Ray Palmer is devising how to become the Atom on the TV on the new Flash this week. I think that could help too.