• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coppers to buy before they explode

455 posts in this topic

True since CGC does recognize X-Force 11 on the label as the 1st "real" Domino hm

I thought Domino's 1st was in New Mutants 98. ???

The one in NM98 is the imposter Domino, X-Force 11 is her real 1st appearance.

Like Cap in Strange Tales #114. doh! I hate it when that happens. lol

Funny, I've been thinking this is a good sleeper for awhile before even hearing this news. Time to snag them up now.

I've also been looking around for Adventures of Superman #454 1st Mongul. It seems that the book is pretty cheap and Mongul has been around a lot over the last 10 years or so. Couldn't be any bigger of a stretch than X-Factor #6.

True since CGC does recognize X-Force 11 on the label as the 1st "real" Domino hm

I thought Domino's 1st was in New Mutants 98. ???

The one in NM98 is the imposter Domino, X-Force 11 is her real 1st appearance.

Like Cap in Strange Tales #114. doh! I hate it when that happens. lol

The latest CLink auction has a couple of ST 114's up for sale. The tale they tell is that Stan Lee wanted Kirby to float Cap in a non-committal way to see how he'd fly with fans. If it went well, they bring him back. If not, it was just a doppelganger. Don't know if that's apocryphal or what, but interesting.

Funny, I've been thinking this is a good sleeper for awhile before even hearing this news. Time to snag them up now.

I've also been looking around for Adventures of Superman #454 1st Mongul. It seems that the book is pretty cheap and Mongul has been around a lot over the last 10 years or so. Couldn't be any bigger of a stretch than X-Factor #6.

I thought the 1st appearance of Mongul was DC Comics Presents #27?

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/DC_Comics_Presents_Vol_1_27

I thought the 1st appearance of Mongul was DC Comics Presents #27?

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/DC_Comics_Presents_Vol_1_27

hmmmm hm

I have one of those big full color DC Encyclopedia's, and it lists 454 as 1st app. I went to the store the next day and snagged a decent copy for a few bucks. The last panel of the comic is a full splash of Mongul and the captions make it out to be that it is his first time being seen it seems. The date of the DCP is obviously much earlier.

Without getting too into the whole infinite Earth's discussion, isn't there multiple Mongul's, or a son of the first one??? Looks like we might have a little investigative work.

CGC copies clearly do state DCP #27 as 1st. Last time I listen to my DC Encyclopedia again. :tonofbricks:

I have my eye on them with some :popcorn:

I would *think* they wouldn't go much higher because there is a 9.8 with a BIN of $380, but we will see.

Transformers #4 actually has the first Dinobots in it, complete with names.

Transformers #8 features them both in story and on cover.

Isue #4 is just considered a cameo, issue #8 has the first full appearance, and it's noted on the CGC label as such.