• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coppers to buy before they explode

455 posts in this topic

Is Marvel Age 12 worth anything?

Nothing in the title is worth a grain of salt . . . ;)

I have to disagree. Marvel Age 20 has Spidey in the Black Costume on cover which predates Secret Wars 8 and issue 25 has a rare Rocket Raccoon Appearance on cover. Also issue 138 has Deadpool on the cover.

That is, until now . . . :roflmao:

Touche. But am I running out to buy these? Nope. It's a fool's errand. By all means, smoke'emifyougot'em :grin:

Actually Marvel Age 19 has spidey black costume featured as the main cover figure, which is even earlier than issue 20.

I have to disagree. Marvel Age 20 has Spidey in the Black Costume on cover which predates Secret Wars 8 and issue 25 has a rare Rocket Raccoon Appearance on cover. Also issue 138 has Deadpool on the cover.

Touche. But am I running out to buy these? Nope. It's a fool's errand. By all means, smoke'emifyougot'em :grin:

I wouldn't say collecting Deadpool appearances is a fool's errand and it looks like buying Marvel 25's for pennies was a smart move for some. The point is that there are still uncovered treasures to find even in the Copper Age.

Actually Marvel Age 19 has spidey black costume featured as the main cover figure, which is even earlier than issue 20.

You are correct! That comic is actually pretty cool with all those Star Comics Previews too!

You are correct! That comic is actually pretty cool with all those Star Comics Previews too!

That's actually the significant part of that book....its the first appearance of much of the Star line of characters. I hunt them out of dollar boxes whenever I can....

Don't underestimate the Marvel Age issues. I have sold a few over the years for some decent money but I usually sell it with sets.

Marvel Age #99 - Infinity Gauntlet Preview

Marvel Age #91 - Thanos Quest Preview

marvel Age #90 - Spider-Man (McFarlane Cover)

Marvel Age #41 - Stan Lee Cover

I don't know why but a long time ago Marvel Age #63 & 87 would be an easy sale.

That's actually the significant part of that book....its the first appearance of much of the Star line of characters. I hunt them out of dollar boxes whenever I can....

:cloud9:

020278b3a18e07f2656e2d7608d02e1a_zps60f402ed.jpg[/img]

I wouldn't say collecting Deadpool appearances is a fool's errand and it looks like buying Marvel 25's for pennies was a smart move for some. The point is that there are still uncovered treasures to find even in the Copper Age.

Agreed, but you misquoted me as to Deadpool. :grin:

Don't underestimate the Marvel Age issues. I have sold a few over the years for some decent money but I usually sell it with sets.

Marvel Age #99 - Infinity Gauntlet Preview

Marvel Age #91 - Thanos Quest Preview

marvel Age #90 - Spider-Man (McFarlane Cover)

Marvel Age #41 - Stan Lee Cover

I don't know why but a long time ago Marvel Age #63 & 87 would be an easy sale.

Diggin' out by BA Marvel "M" boxes tonight! lol

Marvel Age is worth having FOR ITS CONTENT. ;)

Hate to be the lone hater here, but . . . :sick:

lol

I own one but don't love it. lol. The only reason I do have one is the OCD that makes me want every Marvel published till 3/1985. But some of the covers to Marvel Age are kinda cool. :sumo: But I doubt any issue of that title will ever be a hot back issue.

I must be a grade A sucker, because I actually looked for and then purchased Marvel Age #19 and #25 at my LCS tonight.

:facepalm:

Both are pretty high grade and they were 60 cents each. But still... I feel shame.

lol

Hey, it could have been worse. I almost ended up buying two copies of this as well:

Marvel_Age_Vol_1_97.jpg

I usually dismiss a lot of this "first appearance" hype when it comes to things like an ad in Previews or that ridiculous nonsense about Foom #2.

But this I'm not sure about. Besides the cover, there's also a five page preview of #1 as well. I dunno.

hm

Hey, it could have been worse. I almost ended up buying two copies of this as well:

Marvel_Age_Vol_1_97.jpg

I usually dismiss a lot of this "first appearance" hype when it comes to things like an ad in Previews or that ridiculous nonsense about Foom #2.

But this I'm not sure about. Besides the cover, there's also a five page preview of #1 as well. I dunno.

hm

Who wants to debate the true first appearance of a character noone cares about? :baiting:

I can't believe I have to say this...

Marvel Age is a PREVIEW book. They printed a gobzillion of them.

It's just a newscomic about new comics.

Please, please market...don't make collectibles out of Marvel Age.

:facepalm:

Marvel_Age_Vol_1_97.jpg

hm

Who wants to debate the true first appearance of a character noone cares about? :baiting:

Suck on my balls! :headbang:

Exactly what RMA said above me about the preview nature of the book. I believe in that so strongly that I have 100+ Darkhawk 1s and maybe 2 Marvel Age 97s.

Darkhawk #1 is the book, but the market is pretty well established right now. I can't see the 9.6-9.8 DH#1 market expanding without movie/tv speculation. The higher grade raw market could see a boost as affordable copies "dry up" in 9.0+