• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Adventures 12...9.8 census numbers continue to skyrocket

171 posts in this topic

The only reason I would buy this book today, is if I could sell it for a profit tomorrow.

But I don't play that angle. I'd rather own a nice 9.8 Silver Age book for that money.

I know this is probably personal taste, but many people can't seem to wrap their head around this concept, just because it's silver age, doesn't automatically mean it's better. It's all about demand and what people are actually paying.

That is very true.

Good books are good books no matter what age.

Has anyone else been studying the CGC census lately>?

with 154 copies of cgc 9.8 BA Adventures 12 on the census, there are no shortage of these folks!

My message is that be careful when dropping lots of money on some new or popular modern/copper key, chances are it will usually go back down and level off in price unless its print run is super low.

most of you guys know this, but I see lots of folks dropping mad dough on these modern and copper books.

In my opinion think the silver age and bronze age books are probably a better overall choice if you want a rare high grade book..

peace guys and sorry for being a jerk in the past..

You don't suppose more than 154 people want a 9.8 of this book?

Just cause a book is deemed rare and in high grade doesn't automatically warrant demand. Silver and Bronze aren't exactly "rare", if you do want true "rare, high grade books that are in demand" Collect golden age.

January 2014 :makepoint:

Ok so more than 500 people want this book in 9.8 and I'm one of them.

The only reason I would buy this book today, is if I could sell it for a profit tomorrow.

But I don't play that angle. I'd rather own a nice 9.8 Silver Age book for that money.

I know this is probably personal taste, but many people can't seem to wrap their head around this concept, just because it's silver age, doesn't automatically mean it's better. It's all about demand and what people are actually paying.

That is very true.

...picked up an ASM 300 and an X-Men 266 at this last weekend's local show.... and I collect GA....... some books are just cool. I never get tired of a deep red 300 :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That is very true.

I am not arguing about value, desirability, resale etc. It's all there (including the hype machine)

Just harder & more appealing to me, to find a nice 9.8 Silver Age book than this.

Here we are two years later and book is no where near $300-$400 in 9.8 This book is here to stay and will always be $1500+ in 9.8

I don't think it will stick at $1500 but don't see it dropping anywhere close to $300-400

Did you wake and bake today my good sir, cuz I think $1500 is the floor if she is as relevant ten years from now as she is today.

Jim

Here we are two years later and book is no where near $300-$400 in 9.8 This book is here to stay and will always be $1500+ in 9.8

I don't think it will stick at $1500 but don't see it dropping anywhere close to $300-400

Did you wake and bake today my good sir, cuz I think $1500 is the floor if she is as relevant ten years from now as she is today.

Jim

Nope trace made waffles! There will be a period when the book can be had for under $1500. Go back to your boxes

I may be a bit bias, harley fan, but Harley Quinn wont drop any lower than 1500 for the next 5 years.Solo movie and SS 2 should keep people tuned on BA12. Nothing confirmed on SS2 but is bound to happen.

Wouldnt surprise me if they do a JL vs SS movie.

I may be a bit bias, harley fan, but Harley Quinn wont drop any lower than 1500 for the next 5 years.Solo movie and SS 2 should keep people tuned on BA12. Nothing confirmed on SS2 but is bound to happen.

Wouldnt surprise me if they do a JL vs SS movie.

Oh I'm not saying it won't go back to $1500+ I'm saying there will be a period of time when the book will be under $1500. Currently red arrows across the board (since SS is no longer in theaters and out of sight out of mind) will start to play a role. I have faith in the book overall but I expect it will be available for under $1500 for the deal savy collector within a year.

I don't see many cosplayers dropping $2k on a comic book.

This, honestly.

You'd be surprised.

Mm, not a 9.8, BUT I did just snatch up a lovely 9.2 for quite a nice price if I do say so myself!! (thumbs u Was an upgrade from my 7.0...I'll keep movin' on up!

Let me correct that for you:

I don't see many cosplayers dropping even a piddly $2 on a comic book. :gossip:

You guys are so wrong.

Louise co-splayed while she was collecting Matt Baker covers 10 years ago, back when we first started dating and nobody knew who she was. She can't be the only cos-player to collect comics.

While I agree that there is a stereotype that costumes have no pockets for money, you can't paint everyone with the same brush. Some of them carry purses and man-pouches. :insane:

Let me correct that for you:

I don't see many cosplayers dropping even a piddly $2 on a comic book. :gossip:

You guys are so wrong.

Louise co-splayed while she was collecting Matt Baker covers 10 years ago, back when we first started dating and nobody knew who she was. She can't be the only cos-player to collect comics.

While I agree that there is a stereotype that costumes have no pockets for money, you can't paint everyone with the same brush. Some of them carry purses and man-pouches. :insane:

Who said anything about everyone? The comment was not many cosplayers would drop $2k on a comic book. Sure, there might be some but a large majority (%-wise) probably wouldn't.

Who said anything about everyone? The comment was not many cosplayers would drop $2k on a comic book. Sure, there might be some but a large majority (%-wise) probably wouldn't.

The general consensus of many retailers that I rub elbows with is that 'cosplayers don't have pockets [for money]' but as an emerging market, that may be changing. Slowly.

I used my 'everyone' because that was the general consensus of the people I rub elbows with. I too painted everyone with a broad brush, only in reverse. Guilty as charged.

The general consensus of many retailers that I rub elbows with is that 'cosplayers don't have pockets [for money]' but as an emerging market, that may be changing. Slowly.

I used my 'everyone' because that was the general consensus of the people I rub elbows with. I too painted everyone with a broad brush, only in reverse. Guilty as charged.

usempuS.jpg