• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Adventures 12...9.8 census numbers continue to skyrocket

171 posts in this topic

Sure. I'll buy a BA12 9.8 for $500. Cause that's how much I think it's worth.

I'll sell you my copy in the alternate universe where the movie wasn't made

I'll pass. Thanks anyhow.

unless you got a copy at 9.8 (which I can't afford at the moment) It really is kinda of a dog comic, at the end of the line graph---it is on a downward trend. I wonder if Harley Quinn 1999 1or no # Alex Ross ever pick up....it probably does in 9.8 but anyway, congrats to anyone who got ahead of the curve :)

"I'm not only the president but I'm also a a client"

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9368530#Post9368530

lol

Obviously I'm always up for a little lively debate if that's what somebody is actually wanting to do. ;)

-J.

:gossip: Oh, and I have purchased many, many books from many, many boardies over the last few years, and not all of those purchases were necessarily for my own PC. :foryou:

one boardie (out of many) who expressed doubts about the long term prospects of the book prior to the introduction of an unforeseen variable (the movie) which obviously changed the narrative.

-J.

But...but...you have the power to forsee almost everything. You remind all of us mere peons on a near daily basis.

Say it ain't so? :sorry:

Jim

You again ? :eyeroll:

That chart would have been much more informative (and interesting ) if it pinned the announcement of the movie and tracked the subsequent price movements, rather than trolling one boardie (out of many) who expressed doubts about the long term prospects of the book prior to the introduction of an unforeseen variable (the movie) which obviously changed the narrative.

-J.

But your assessment of the character was and that had nothing to do with movie manipulation/speculation/comfirmation.

one boardie (out of many) who expressed doubts about the long term prospects of the book prior to the introduction of an unforeseen variable (the movie) which obviously changed the narrative.

-J.

But...but...you have the power to forsee almost everything. You remind all of us mere peons on a near daily basis.

Say it ain't so? :sorry:

Jim

His screen name ain't Jaydogsucks, bro.

Has anyone else been studying the CGC census lately>?

with 154 copies of cgc 9.8 BA Adventures 12 on the census, there are no shortage of these folks!

My message is that be careful when dropping lots of money on some new or popular modern/copper key, chances are it will usually go back down and level off in price unless its print run is super low.

most of you guys know this, but I see lots of folks dropping mad dough on these modern and copper books.

In my opinion think the silver age and bronze age books are probably a better overall choice if you want a rare high grade book..

peace guys and sorry for being a jerk in the past..

You don't suppose more than 154 people want a 9.8 of this book?

Just cause a book is deemed rare and in high grade doesn't automatically warrant demand. Silver and Bronze aren't exactly "rare", if you do want true "rare, high grade books that are in demand" Collect golden age.

Has anyone else been studying the CGC census lately>?

with 154 copies of cgc 9.8 BA Adventures 12 on the census, there are no shortage of these folks!

My message is that be careful when dropping lots of money on some new or popular modern/copper key, chances are it will usually go back down and level off in price unless its print run is super low.

most of you guys know this, but I see lots of folks dropping mad dough on these modern and copper books.

In my opinion think the silver age and bronze age books are probably a better overall choice if you want a rare high grade book..

peace guys and sorry for being a jerk in the past..

You don't suppose more than 154 people want a 9.8 of this book?

Just cause a book is deemed rare and in high grade doesn't automatically warrant demand. Silver and Bronze aren't exactly "rare", if you do want true "rare, high grade books that are in demand" Collect golden age.

January 2014 :makepoint:

Looks like currently 477 in 9.8 with 90-day GPA of $1,950.

And yes, I do own a 9.8. :D

Nice! Whats very impressive about this slab in 9.8 is the liquidity. You could put this up on ebay at GPAish BIN and sell rather quickly.

Looks like "market cap" for this slab in 9.8 is $930K (477 X $1950) Will have to dig up some of valiantman's research and compare the "value" of this key vs. others i.e. ASM 300, NM 98, etc.

Looks like currently 477 in 9.8 with 90-day GPA of $1,950.

And yes, I do own a 9.8. :D

One of the most popular characters out there. I'm not saying I have any idea what price makes sense on that book, but when 20% of the women under 30 are dressed as this character for halloween, maybe that means something. i dunno.

although it's probably just fat 40somethings like me buying it.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9368530#Post9368530

lol

Obviously I'm always up for a little lively debate if that's what somebody is actually wanting to do. ;)

-J.

:gossip:Oh, and I have purchased many, many books from many, many boardies over the last few years, and not all of those purchases were necessarily for my own PC. :foryou:

Why else would you buy them if not for your collection?

lol

-J.

:gossip: Oh, and I have purchased many, many books from many, many boardies over the last few years, and not all of those purchases were necessarily for my own PC. :foryou:

one for every wee bit deeper that ol' hole yer digging yourself gets.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The only reason I would buy this book today, is if I could sell it for a profit tomorrow.

But I don't play that angle. I'd rather own a nice 9.8 Silver Age book for that money.

I know this is probably personal taste, but many people can't seem to wrap their head around this concept, just because it's silver age, doesn't automatically mean it's better. It's all about demand and what people are actually paying.