• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Adventures 12...9.8 census numbers continue to skyrocket

171 posts in this topic

I honestly believe the fact that BA 12 is not actually the character's first appearance and is more a comic book adaptation of a cartoon character will keep it from being taken seriously by a lot of collectors. Layman awareness does not necessarily equate to long term value of what is a very dubious book, that only very recently spiked in value, despite being twenty years old. That alone should tell you it's a very bubbly book. And as we have learned time and again, bubbles pop. The character may still remain popular, but let's face it guys, BA 12 is a bit of a fraud book. Just sayin.... Kudos to all of you dealers and flippers who timed the market right and made money off it though.

-J.

I agree with much of what you've said, but I don't think the "first appearance" thing will matter so much. Conan #1 did fine. It's the first appearance of comics that matters to comic collectors.

I really don't get the "it's not her first appearance" angle. What do we collect? Comics. It's her first comic book appearance therefore her first appearance to comic book collectors.

Anybody lusting after Donald Duck's first comic book appearance, Star Trek, Star Wars... etc?

It's a GREAT cover as well, with beautiful art - Parobeck can render the female frame very nicely!

Mike Parobeck is very much missed. :(

You again ? :eyeroll:

That chart would have been much more informative (and interesting ) if it pinned the announcement of the movie and tracked the subsequent price movements, rather than trolling one boardie (out of many) who expressed doubts about the long term prospects of the book prior to the introduction of an unforeseen variable (the movie) which obviously changed the narrative.

-J.