• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you had creative control on a Comic Book Movie....

69 posts in this topic

Id hire Chuck Gower as an executive producer. 2c

There'd be no 'Galactus as a cloud' casting by ME, I can assure everyone of that!

And by golly, Spider-man would've already caught that burglar!

:applause:

Id hire Chuck Gower as an executive producer. 2c

There'd be no 'Galactus as a cloud' casting by ME, I can assure everyone of that!

And by golly, Spider-man would've already caught that burglar!

:applause:

In my Spiderman Carnage would be a cloud. Also JJ Jameson.

I would have cast a real blind guy as Daredevil

or, accidentally blind him during filming for that realistic element.

depicting her as an amazon entering a world full of vice like arnold in 'twins' but without the comedy angle.

I would make a Man-Thing movie with a crappy plot line and only show a shadowed figure with red eyes as the main character/focus of the movie... oh wait.

I'd like to see Miller do a Dark Knight film a la Sin City/The Spirit vibe. Full control no Hollywood altering the plot line/character history. Perhaps incorporating Nightwing into the plot as well.

Also thought a live action The Maxx movie would be cool, not sure who'd play Julie Winters/Leopard Queen though. Perhaps John Malkovich as Mr. Gone.

Ban Zod and Lex Luthor from any future superman movie. Enough with Krypton. I can ask a homeless person on the NYC subway where Superman is from and they would tell me the story.

Like someone said: Daredevil Sin City style or Tim Burton. Keep Ben Affleck as far away as possible.

Ban Zod and Lex Luthor from any future superman movie. Enough with Krypton. I can ask a homeless person on the NYC subway where Superman is from and they would tell me the story.

Like someone said: Daredevil Sin City style or Tim Burton. Keep Ben Affleck as far away as possible.

^^

ps keep Ben Affleck away from all sharp objects.

THIS! I'm sick of both of those guys, especially Luthor!

Give me a Braniac or Bizarro movie!

I would take either Luthor or Brainiac (don't think it would matter, but more interesting with Luthor) and have him try to make a Superman clone, and end up making Bizarro (who in my movie would be an unloving zombie version of Superman, like Ross did him in Justice). I would not make him stupid or a joke like in the comics.

or

Make Solomon Grundy the main bad guy. Resurrected by some evil force behind the scenes(Brainiac), who is testing Superman's power before confronting him (in the 2nd movie).

or Parasite could be the bad guy, who is the result of an experiment by Luthor to steal Superman's powers. Think of him as an energy zombie. Great battle scenes, and sets up for more stuff like Metallo.

I'd love to see a WW2 superman movie where he's not so powerful and fights the Nazis on the land, sea, and air. Some nazi scientist creates some robot or weapon that gives him a run for his money. NO LUTHOR.

Personally I don't get all the Luthor hate. I think if done right Luthor could be interesting. What made Zod work in MoS is that he wasn't evil per se. He just had different goals and priorities than Superman did. Have Luthor gray like that (he's just trying to protect the earth from the troubles that these costumed hero's seem to cause) and I think it could be a good movie.

I would take either Luthor or Brainiac (don't think it would matter, but more interesting with Luthor) and have him try to make a Superman clone, and end up making Bizarro (who in my movie would be an unloving zombie version of Superman, like Ross did him in Justice). I would not make him stupid or a joke like in the comics.

or

Make Solomon Grundy the main bad guy. Resurrected by some evil force behind the scenes(Brainiac), who is testing Superman's power before confronting him (in the 2nd movie).

or Parasite could be the bad guy, who is the result of an experiment by Luthor to steal Superman's powers. Think of him as an energy zombie. Great battle scenes, and sets up for more stuff like Metallo.

How about something as simple as Doomsday and make that fight as brutal as Rocky 3 with Clubber Lang fight 2.

We've seen enough special effects. Remember how silent the theaters went with the release of Independence Day when the aliens destroyed everything? It was special effects, but it was the content of the movie that floored everyone. This they keep pumping out is ridiculous.

The Galactus cloud was moronic. It reminded me of Vger from Star Trek 1. Even Star Trek, where is the nose to nose drawn out battle? Nemesis came close, but they had to stick annoying Troy in the middle of it.

Imagine writing a letter to Warner Bros simply stating: I've never directed, produced, or wrote for a movie, but you guys suck. Let me do it; please.