• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dude, you're getting a Dell!

263 posts in this topic

Nukla is another fine, fine Dell title!

The first two comics I ever bought as a kid were the Dell Cicero's Cat which I bought at the age of seven. It's surprising in retrospect that Dell had the right to publish the title because Cicero's cat Desdemona was a character from the Mutt and Jeff newspaper strip to which Harvey had comic publication rights.

The copies I bought as a kid are long gone but here are scans of my present day copies:

CicerosCat1.jpg

CicerosCat2.jpg

:)

Here are a few non Four Color DELLs that I traded for at the last Granada Hills Com

Don't remember ever seeing this title previously

Henry%20HENRY%20ALDRICH%201_zpsrcr8dfgl.jpg

Henry%20Aldrich%201bc_zpsbyx3alln.jpg

Beetle%20Bailey%2012_zps58hufoym.jpg

Quick%20Draw%20McGraw%202%20_zpszp0dtrtj.jpg

Quick%20Draw%202bc_zpsrv0rfwog.jpg

I want to thank ft88 for his suggestion regarding scanning. Takimg books out of bags and scanning both sides is great. Also out of the bag the book lines up much better on the scanner and I do not have to even think about editing the image, just renaming

Here are a few non Four Color DELLs that I traded for at the last Granada Hills Com

Don't remember ever seeing this title previously

Henry%20HENRY%20ALDRICH%201_zpsrcr8dfgl.jpg

Henry Aldrich is virtually unknown, but this John Stanley/Bill Williams series is truly wonderful, a sort of teenage Little Lulu.

Stanley Stories, a blog devoted to John Stanley, takes a look at this issue here for anyone interested.