• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
35 35

6,576 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2024 at 6:47 PM, PeterPark said:

Do you make a guide to pulps?

I've published 3 of them... but all are out of print and unavailable except on the secondary market.

On 6/22/2024 at 5:21 PM, sagii said:

This was a stellar result as well. Makes me treasure my 4.5 Windy City copy even more is such a thing is possible 

Screenshot_20240622_171855_Chrome.jpg

(thumbsu  I was watching this one, hoping it would stay semi-affordable but not to be.

On 6/22/2024 at 5:56 PM, Point Five said:

(thumbsu  I was watching this one, hoping it would stay semi-affordable but not to be.

It did look like that before things kicked off (as did some other books) but like they say "It ain't over till it's over".

On 6/25/2024 at 9:17 PM, flip25 said:

Hi all -- you may remember some of my posts from earlier this year where I found a couple of rare comic books in my dad's belongings...well, I just got this back from CGC...it's now the highest graded copy of Sidewalk Romance (out of two graded copies)!  

Sidewalk Romance.jpg

Congrats 👏🏻 

On 6/25/2024 at 9:17 PM, flip25 said:

Hi all -- you may remember some of my posts from earlier this year where I found a couple of rare comic books in my dad's belongings...well, I just got this back from CGC...it's now the highest graded copy of Sidewalk Romance (out of two graded copies)!  It has been a fun experience and I appreciate all the great and kind people who have helped me out with guidance and advice along the way.  

Sidewalk Romance.jpg

WOWza :x

On 6/26/2024 at 8:12 PM, peakerjer said:

I'm gotta think that the run of Moon-Glow Trail must be pretty rare. It's not in Overstreet and there is not a lot of info on the internet about it.

However, I have ascertained that my copy of #7 is a Canadian reprint of Flaming Love #5. The only hint of an indicia is on the back cover. No date or issue title thought. The inside covers are white, no art or printing.  Anybody seen these before? 

Skating On Thin Ice_20240626_0002.jpg

0.jpg

I know how you feel about the lack of information on the large number of FECA Canadian reprint books that were printed after the WECA original books that were made in Canada during WW2

There is a price guide book for the WECA Canadian Whites books but in my opinion the post war reprints of US books are a unique set of books with various covers, both original and uniquely custom, and deserving of documentation and  publication of a Price Guide on its own or as a second edition of the WECA Guide updated with the complete War and Post war output of unique Canadian books.

I've collected sales data and scans for more than 20 years and own more than 2200 issues ,and continue to do so to this day if that project ever happens.

There are a lot more than 2200 so any info someone might have I can add to the current index and help contribute to this project coming to fruition in my lifetime and yours.  :preach:     :451621943_canadianbananaflaggif: 

On 6/26/2024 at 7:12 PM, peakerjer said:

I'm gotta think that the run of Moon-Glow Trail must be pretty rare. It's not in Overstreet and there is not a lot of info on the internet about it.

However, I have ascertained that my copy of #7 is a Canadian reprint of Flaming Love #5. The only hint of an indicia is on the back cover. No date or issue title thought. The inside covers are white, no art or printing.  Anybody seen these before? 

Skating On Thin Ice_20240626_0001.jpg

Those FMPs that she is wearing!! :x:x

Edited by Mr. Lady Luck

On 6/29/2024 at 7:58 AM, dem1138 said:

This one's getting harder and harder to acquire and while I'd love to upgrade this is probably the only copy I'll be able to find at a reasonable price...

F20B1EC7-2E82-488E-AFF2-8D26A0265EC9.jpg

Great book!

On 6/29/2024 at 7:58 AM, dem1138 said:

This one's getting harder and harder to acquire and while I'd love to upgrade this is probably the only copy I'll be able to find at a reasonable price...

Perhaps Pike's finest.  Tough to find, certainly!  :cloud9:

On 6/29/2024 at 10:58 AM, dem1138 said:

One masterpiece cover and tough book to have :luhv: