• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,659 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2024 at 7:23 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Another great Pike cover just back from Sarasota

IMG_9336.jpeg

Hmmmm....  Is the cover signed and I'm not seeing it?  Great cover, but I'm not seeing Pike in it.  (shrug)  There's a few Atlas books that might be Hartley imitating/finding-inspiration-from his studio mates.

On 8/9/2024 at 4:31 PM, Yorick said:

Hmmmm....  Is the cover signed and I'm not seeing it?  Great cover, but I'm not seeing Pike in it.  (shrug)  There's a few Atlas books that might be Hartley imitating/finding-inspiration-from his studio mates.

I agree the cover doesn’t look Pike-like. I know he did the first story, but it is likely someone else on the cover. Rack up my mistake to Pike-mindedness and comic overload. 

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

On 8/9/2024 at 6:54 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

I agree the cover doesn’t look Pike-like. I know he did the first story, but it is likely someone else on the cover. Rack up my mistake to Pike-mindedness and comic overload. 

Brodsky/Rule could produce something like that ... it's on the tip of my mind. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/14/2024 at 5:23 PM, october said:

It was in my MCS cart, then wasn't when I checked out!

Been there, brother. Been there.

On 8/14/2024 at 4:23 PM, october said:

It was in my MCS cart, then wasn't when I checked out!

You just ain't collectin' if this hasn't happened to you.  Actually, I think it's a rite of passage.

The other one is "My MCS shopping cart has 13 comics in it.  I think I will head to bed."  Wake up the next morning and "My MCS shopping cart has 9 comics in it, but damn if I can remember what the 4 someone took out of my shopping cart were..."

On 8/15/2024 at 1:19 AM, Telegan said:

You just ain't collectin' if this hasn't happened to you.  Actually, I think it's a rite of passage.

The other one is "My MCS shopping cart has 13 comics in it.  I think I will head to bed."  Wake up the next morning and "My MCS shopping cart has 9 comics in it, but damn if I can remember what the 4 someone took out of my shopping cart were..."

My favorite is seeing a cool cover for what I think is the first time, going to MCS to add it to my want list and seeing that I already added it.