• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
35 35

6,525 posts in this topic

As per request of Dr. Love here is a group shot of the hard to complete(4 issues!!)run of Forbidden Love. Photo covers don't get the 'love' they deserve imho, but this is one of those rare instances where a run is noted for it's photo covers (and the boards are creating others with the building Alice Kelly following). Overstreet has long deemed these scarce, three and four are really TOUGH! That's Janet Leigh on no. 3. Wish the photo was clearer, i have always heard Apple products were lauded for the quality of the camera pics. This was taken with my iPad, and i still think my BlackBerry took clearer pics. Probably just a case of me not knowing how to 'fix' the contrast and such. (shrug)

FullSizeRender2_zps2a3e607d.jpg

Thanks Sagii! The four lovely ladies, including the #2 Lady in Black and the impossible to find #3. We're looking at the only slabbed copy of this book. What's the back story on this book, Sagii?

I remember when you got the last one, the #4 last year, it was an exciting night. Do you have plans to slab the #2?

Wonderful! and a great accomplishment. :applause:

Thanks Dr. Love, it was not easy.

I'm SO bummed right now. An order i placed with an online dealer for a group of four hard to find golden age comics in Dec, but never got to me even though it was scanned out of the sorting facility with the post office, so i knew it was stolen, is now on eBay. I have gone to the police, and they said they can't prove the seller stole them so they can't approach him/her and that i have to go through the post office, which is closed today!!!!! And i can't get ANYONE from eBay on the phone. Sorry to be rambling, but i cannot believe my eyes and that this person is gutsy enough to sell them so soon after stealing them!! What do can i do?!?!?

Edited by Sagii

No doubt the sultry covers to Forbidden Love 1 and 4 are more interesting than the average photo cover, but I wonder if the great title and logo don't also help in higher collector interest, after all there are a few other Quality photo cover books with similar covers that don't get much attention.

Strange Confessions seems like another book where the title may be the biggest factor for collector demand.

Those Forbidden Loves are cool. I have #1 and seen #2 but have never seen #3,4. I have 3 of the 4 Strange Confessions. Still missing #3 but have seen it from time to time. I'm not really a romance collector but do have quite a few in my collection especially if they have wild covers.

Great covers on that run, especially no.1 and no.3 (with Starlet on the half moon in the glamour gown). But i have a feeling the no.2( with a Lion ripping Starlets outfit off) is hoarded for obvious reasons. Good luck completing it!

This one was probably already posted but I cannot remember seeing too many copies of this giant.

GiantComicsEdition7_zps8ecfef3f.jpg

My god... I just realized- that's Alice Kelley! We never even included this one last year, when we first started turning up everything we could find with her on the cover.

I'm dumbfounded.

Or maybe just dumb.

And in other romance news...

Blissard blew the doors off last night on Ebay with a large group of lower to mid grade Atlas, Marvel photo, Fiction, and St.J. Prices were strong overall to very strong on some select books. I got beat out on one myself (no respect!) much to my surprise. But it should come as no surprise that 2 minutes after the whole thing ended yours truly was up with a BIN trolling the second place bidder on one particularly hot book.

Psychologically it's an interesting exercise. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. I think this time, not. However if the bidder, who I do not recognize, comes around these parts then I have two words - PM me bro.

I feel like some of the digests don't get much love, but they are pretty scarce in my humble opinion.

teenagediarysecrets9_zpsc812a3ed.jpg

HoneymoonRomances2_zps4a4cee49.jpg

I'd love the digests like it was Valentines Day if I could get my hands on 'em!

Me, too!

And in other romance news...

Blissard blew the doors off last night on Ebay with a large group of lower to mid grade Atlas, Marvel photo, Fiction, and St.J. Prices were strong overall to very strong on some select books. I got beat out on one myself (no respect!) much to my surprise. But it should come as no surprise that 2 minutes after the whole thing ended yours truly was up with a BIN trolling the second place bidder on one particularly hot book.

Psychologically it's an interesting exercise. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. I think this time, not. However if the bidder, who I do not recognize, comes around these parts then I have two words - PM me bro.

I bid on just about all of them and won nary a one. A few went for Bakeresque prices. Apparently there are some active romance collectors out there.

Correction: Forgot he was the seller of the Cowgirl Romances 12. I won that one, which actually went for less than I had expected.

Edited by Sqeggs