• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,659 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:
13 hours ago, Dr. Love said:
On 3/16/2017 at 4:04 PM, MrBedrock said:

I've never seen the Girls' Life before...very cool!

I just consigned a 6.0 copy of the Giant 2 to the next ComicConnect auction. Hopefully it will end up in a good home.

Congrats to seller and buyer!  I tried but was knocked out.  A great purchase for some astute romance collector, at only a little over $1000.  Which as we all know aint no big thang in terms of money these days. Bob.

Definitely went higher than I expected and, alas, Bedrock's hope is unfulfilled.  :sorry:

:cry:

17 hours ago, sagii said:

I think for even 'simpler times' 1950's, a potential reader had an idea this was a 'casting couch' cover

Love Stories of Mary Worth #4.jpg

That cover reminds me of the unmentionable things I had to do to get to the top.

I'm still not even half way there doh!

27 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

That cover reminds me of the unmentionable things I had to do to get to the top.

lol lol

(but, i don't know...your collection screams otherwise :baiting:.........)

12 minutes ago, sagii said:

lol lol

(but, i don't know...your collection screams otherwise :baiting:.........)

"Screams" is about right.

The resemblance struck me. When I saw Marlene's pic, I immediately thought of My Confession # 7 (... though it did take me a while to find the right comic! So many My INSERT RANDOM TITLE Fox comic - ahah) -

Marlena Dietrich My Confession 7.jpg

My Confession 7.jpg

On 5/5/2017 at 3:42 PM, MrBedrock said:

The rest of the way is straight downhill.  :)

6 minutes ago, sagii said:

Negro Romance #2 on eBay. Wonder what the ceiling is for that condition copy? hm

Saw that and who knows nowadays :smile:

29 minutes ago, sagii said:

Negro Romance #2 on eBay. Wonder what the ceiling is for that condition copy? hm

The seller has a lot of browning books, bit concerned that it may have some brittleness. 

4 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

The seller has a lot of browning books, bit concerned that it may have some brittleness. 

Yeah, it's very noticeable in the pics. Just given how tough the series is (especially 2 &3) it'll be interesting to see how much an affect on the hammer price it will have. 

2 minutes ago, sagii said:

Yeah, it's very noticeable in the pics. Just given how tough the series is (especially 2 &3) it'll be interesting to see how much an affect on the hammer price it will have. 

okay,why can't I find this!?