• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,446 posts in this topic

Speaking of which, here the King steps up to the plate, swings, and...

epic fail. 4 issues, in and out. Still, I like this book a lot. Though it lacks a certain refinement, and the crosshatching inking has the guy look hairy instead of muscular.

But the #3 is way cool.

InLove01fc100_zps1f9e9523.jpg

By the low standards of Kirby's romance work, this one actually ain't too bad. :D

YoungLove49fc100_zpsb4d7a0eb.jpg

So many great covers! Many thanks for posting them.

Monochrome goodness :cloud9: ......Romita ? ...cause that gal sure looks like a younger version of Anna, Mary Jane's Momma...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

He is expanding the thread and just sharing some great stuff.Read a few pages back....

Thanks! I looked back and he said he was going to list some SA, BA. I get that. But do these still qualify as "rare", as in hard to find? And if so, is that due to their higher grade or just in general regardless of grade?

Thanks! I looked back and he said he was going to list some SA, BA. I get that. But do these still qualify as "rare", as in hard to find? And if so, is that due to their higher grade or just in general regardless of grade?

Hey Mark! A warm welcome to this thread. Please don't excuse yourself, It's a good question. The short answer is by the two criteria above, functionally, yeh kinda. But then many of the 6000 or so books in the genre would fit that definition, and yet they do not stand out as rare for most collectors.

With the Young Love 49, it's more the nature of the palette that gives it a special quality. Most who see it are struck by it, even if they're not fans of the genre. The National/DC run is very long, very large, second only to Charlton. It spans all the ages in which romance existed. And yet...there's nothing quite like this cover. Especially if you like Romita. Especially if you like :cloud9:purple.

Also, at this point I just wing it. The spirit hits me and I'll just run through my photobucket, creating a montage on the fly. So I'll push the limits of the thread, as it was originally intended by BoHogg, who is an accomplished esoteric collector of truly rare material.

So don't be a stranger. You probably have a few romance in your own collection, I'm thinking. And anyone who has a nice copy of this book belongs here anyway, am I right? (thumbs u

YouthfulHearts01fc100_zps52595e5e.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love