• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just finished IC #6... <spoilers>

412 posts in this topic

Kev:

Here's what made think a little differently, and it's the only reason why I thought she actually MIGHT get shot twice -- the issue was previewed in a way that made you think that the shooting came directly out of IC, and Supes went to Bats and WW for help. It was strange.

the fact that she was already shot while covering the news is one thing -- but if you had a chance to read the text, it made it sound like a direct result of a shooting that took place in IC, not a shooting that took place outside the IC continuity while she was basically on assignment. This played up Supes' fear of someone coming after her.

Official Press Release

Rags Morales, the acclaimed penciller of IDENTITY CRISIS, will follow up his spectacular work on that blockbuster miniseries with a special IDENTITY CRISIS tie-in issue of ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN. Issue #636 (NOV040252) is written by Greg Rucka and inked by John Dell with a cover by J.H. Williams III. It is scheduled to arrive in stores on January 19.

In this issue, Superman, shaken by the shooting of Lois Lane and the events of IDENTITY CRISIS, tries to consult with Batman and Wonder Woman on the future of the DCU now that the stakes have been raised.

"I think the success of IDENTITY CRISIS can be attributed to how real its events feel, and half of that credit definitely falls to the powerful art that Rags puts down," says Group Editor Eddie Berganza. "So when his schedule opened at the same time I was looking to give our regular penciller Matthew Clark a break it seemed perfect, especially since this was a direct follow-up to some of the events from IDENTITY CRISIS. I can't wait to see what he does with Greg Rucka's story and Superman's part in I.C.!"

"It's almost like the comics gods have smiled on me and offered me this incredible chance," says Morales. "I was thrilled to put in my first voucher for this story on October 21, which happens to be my birthday. I couldn't be more proud to get a crack at the best known comics icon in the entire world."

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #636 (NOV040252) is solicited in the November issue of Previews (Volume XIV #11) and is scheduled to arrive in stores on January 19.

2527_400x600.jpg

kev,

I'll make sure that dave and/or I PM you our cells. I'll be getting there like 8 or 8:30 pm on Friday... let's all try and grab dinner or something like that. Dave and I will be up at early on Saturday to get ACTOR going and to basically beg artists to sign or sketch for a couple of hours.

having just got back into comics a few months ago, I bought Hush vol. 1, but I already knew who Hush was from reading Wizard magazine. So when I picked up Hush, all the clues were obvious. Perhaps picking out someone as the killer and then re-reading it with a firm thought of the killer will make it more obvious. Too bad there's a lot of suspects. Christo_pull_hair.gif

having just got back into comics a few months ago, I bought Hush vol. 1, but I already knew who Hush was from reading Wizard magazine. So when I picked up Hush, all the clues were obvious. Perhaps picking out someone as the killer and then re-reading it with a firm thought of the killer will make it more obvious. Too bad there's a lot of suspects. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Did they say who Hush was? I thought it is was never said.

Bear with me, this jumps all over the place. From notes I took while re-reading last night:

Right, either it is a lie by Cap Boomerang and a mis-direction by Meltzer, or it is a half-truth: as you say, Cap was 'at the helm' of somebody, maybe Flash, while GG was simply the host for somebody else.

Of course, all this assumes Flash powers are inherited, which itself doesn't make a whole lot of sense as they were the result of a chemical accident, except that's the way it works in the DCU: Impulse is the future descendent of Barry Allen if I recall correctly.

Hmmm.

Exactly, it is a long-established fact that the Flash breeds speed.

Oh man, I've been waiting a loooong time to say that one. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I re-read the series last night trying to figure this mystery out. Still can't piece it all together. Although, I'm positive that the Atom isn't involved after reading his narrative.

Also, Jean's attacker is only shown once. He's behind the door when Jean walks into the room. But, this is during a retelling byu someone else. Not Jean. The only thing we know "for sure" (or do we?) is that Jean's attacker had "work boots" Boomerang wore these as well, and they are shown pretty obvious in Issue #5. A red herring by Meltzer (obviously as we know the killer is still at large).

Wacky Theory Time:

Anyway, back to the above 'mystery' of Capt. Boomerang's kid.....How did he get super-speed? We figured it could've been passed on thru the Flash during a body swap. What if it wasn't the Flash? What if it was Green Arrow?

A few (possible) reasons:

1. Issue #1 when GA is done training w/ Connor, his buddy says: "Your son is lightning". GA says, "Yeah. He is" and is looking right at the reader.

2. GA does have enhanced speed and reflexes (obviously not as fast as Flash or Supes), but much more so than a normal person. He's also an expert marksman (duh!) which could be why "Boomerang's Son" was so quick to learn how to throw a boomerang.

3. GA and Boomerang's son look pretty similar. They have the same hair color, same nose (could just be the artist?), and pointy beards (yep, a total stretch).

4. One of the big themes throughout the series is the Father/Son relationship (Boomerang and his son, Tim and Jack Drake), but not much is showon about GA and his (known) son, Connor (could be my lack of knowledge in GA's history).

Yeah, it's way out there, but you never know. confused-smiley-013.gif

OK guys, set me straight.

You've put a lot of work into this Chris... but just a couple of things:

- GA isn't a meta-human or enhanced in any way. Batman is fast too, but is he going to start breeding meta-human speedsters?

- GA wasn't part of the body swapping in JLA 166-168, nor was Captain Boomerang (although GA was part of the JLA and CA was part of SSOSV)

- we've seen at least two Conner/Ollie exchanges, more than Clark/Pa Kent

- Ollie's kids seem to have blonde hair, CA's supposed kid had dark hair (as per photos?)

However, I've always thought the kid looked like Arsenal/Speedy, at least the way that Rags draws him. My one complaint is that Conner Hawke looks kind of ridiculous in IC (he's always happy, has a rather foppish looking bowl cut, and why is his tunic partially yellow? it should be brown and green).

Like I said, I'm not too well-versed on GA's history and abilities.

Are we sure Boomerangs son has "Super-Speed" ala the Flash? Or is he just really, really fast ala GA (who dodges Slades spear. But, this seems more like a warning to Ollie than an actual attempt on his life).

The hair color was definitely a stretch on my part. But, Boomerang's kid looks like he has blonde hair to me. Maybe dyed blonde?

Oh well, it was a fun excercise. smile.gif

Any chance it could be Mr. Miracle? He did state that there were at least 17 ways into Sue's place that weren't covered by the security system. He does show up later at Jean's place. And, he is one of the pics on the cover of #6.

I know nothing of his powers or history. I tried to look them up in the DC Database, but he wasn't there. confused-smiley-013.gif

Like I said, I'm not too well-versed on GA's history and abilities.

Are we sure Boomerangs son has "Super-Speed" ala the Flash? Or is he just really, really fast ala GA (who dodges Slades spear. But, this seems more like a warning to Ollie than an actual attempt on his life).

The hair color was definitely a stretch on my part. But, Boomerang's kid looks like he has blonde hair to me. Maybe dyed blonde?

Oh well, it was a fun excercise. smile.gif

Any chance it could be Mr. Miracle? He did state that there were at least 17 ways into Sue's place that weren't covered by the security system. He does show up later at Jean's place. And, he is one of the pics on the cover of #6.

I know nothing of his powers or history. I tried to look them up in the DC Database, but he wasn't there. confused-smiley-013.gif

I liked the GA theory... I think it would be a stretch to have his "son" be SO much faster that he could catch a thrown boomerang that HE threw, but a good theory, nonetheless.

And there's no way it's Mister Miracle. He's far too insignificant in terms of the story and he's the classic "nice guy" of the DC universe. It would require a significant retooling of his personality to make him a killer. Basically, the reason why he knew about the "17 ways" was that he is the world's greatest escape artist, thus implying that he is also the world's greatest break-in artist (?).

Yup. In issue 5 the son throws a boomerang towards his dad but it goes right towards his dad's head and Captain Boomerang isn't fast enough to get out of the way. Suddenly the son races over at super-speed and catches the boomerang before it hits. Captain Boomerang is quite proud that his son has meta-human (super-speed) abilities. That's when the son asks if Golden Glider was really his mother, and CB says she wasn't.

Allright, since we're no closer to figuring this out, lets try a different approach.

-Someone earlier had mentioned that Meltzer said all the clues were in place by Issue #4. Can we confirm/deny this? This should narrow it down.

-Has anybody read anything where the creators actually give clues to "whodunnit"? (example: Did Meltzer say something like, "You have to be well versed in DC continuity to figure this out..." or "I'm incorporating elements from the past..." etc.....)

-Is it essential that we read the crossover books to figure this one out?

Other thoughts/ramblings:

-When Jean was attacked, she didn't say anything like "Who are you!?" She just said something like, "Please, no!". Could this indicate that she was familiar with the killer? Or were we just put into the middle of the attack?

-Maybe it's Barry Allen returning from the alternate dimension in a parallel, future universe (maybe the DCU future has multi-verses once again) where he has been trapped for years, left for dead by JLA, and enacting his revenge? Or maybe it's his clone? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifstooges.gif

Yup. In issue 5 the son throws a boomerang towards his dad but it goes right towards his dad's head and Captain Boomerang isn't fast enough to get out of the way. Suddenly the son races over at super-speed and catches the boomerang before it hits. Captain Boomerang is quite proud that his son has meta-human (super-speed) abilities. That's when the son asks if Golden Glider was really his mother, and CB says she wasn't.

BUT, since there are no female super-speedsters old enough to be his mother, we must assume that CB was lying about Golden Glider not being the boy's mother, and assume that CB was not, in fact, the boy's FATHER!

Dun-dun-duuuuuuuun! acclaim.gif