• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who leaves feedback first?

187 posts in this topic

If I'm the seller I don't leave feedback until the transaction has completed successfully without any problems. The buyer currently has all the control on Ebay; I'm not about to leave them positive feedback before receiving it.

As a buyer I usually leave feedback as soon as I receive the item, as I don't want to leave sellers in the lurch wondering if the transaction can be viewed as complete or not. Unfortunately between the poor shipping practices and terrible grading I typically experience when buying on eBay I usually leave neutral feedback to warn other buyers.

As a seller, I leave FB as soon as I get paid.

As a buyer, not until I receive the package and it is inspected, and if any communication is necessary.

-slym

+1

Buyer should ONLY be rated on whether they have paid or not

Seller is rated on item and service

If I'm the seller I don't leave feedback until the transaction has completed successfully without any problems. The buyer currently has all the control on Ebay; I'm not about to leave them positive feedback before receiving it.

As a buyer I usually leave feedback as soon as I receive the item, as I don't want to leave sellers in the lurch wondering if the transaction can be viewed as complete or not. Unfortunately between the poor shipping practices and terrible grading I typically experience when buying on eBay I usually leave neutral feedback to warn other buyers.

This would be my approach as well. There's a lot more to a good buyer than just an on time payment.

As a buyer, not until I receive the package and it is inspected, and if any communication is necessary.

-slym

+1

+2

-slym

+1

+2

Same here, except I leave FB for the buyer right after i put the label on the box (same difference)

+1

In a perfect world, sure. Except the way eBay is set up this doesn't work, as buyers oftentimes have completely unrealistic expectations and demands that lead to bad transactions. Read the block bidder/buyer thread when you have a chance.

Paying when you order something shouldn't be something that needs to be addressed through a feedback system anyway.

-slym

+1

That's how I've always done it also. Why should the buyer wait at all if they have paid for the item?

As a seller, when the buyer adds his Feedback first, then I put in mine.

as a buyer, I get insulted when a seller does that. If I paid, i should get immediate feedback. I always leave immediate pos fb when paid. sure there may be a problem buyer but you cant leave neg anyway so holding back does nothing for you but possibly irritate a buyer. Let's say he's on the fence about leaving neg. this may tip the scales for him.

As a seller, when the buyer adds his Feedback first, then I put in mine.

as a buyer, I get insulted when a seller does that. If I paid, i should get immediate feedback. I always leave immediate pos fb when paid. sure there may be a problem buyer but you cant leave neg anyway so holding back does nothing for you but possibly irritate a buyer. Let's say he's on the fence about leaving neg. this may tip the scales for him.

I completely agree. The buyer shouldn't have to wait for feedback if they have paid for the item.

As a buyer, I leave feedback once the transaction is completed i.e. 1) when I receive the book and I am happy with it or 2) when I receive a refund for the book because I was not happy with it and had to return it.

As a seller, I leave feedback once the transaction is completed i.e. 1) when the buyer tells me that he received the book and is happy with it or 2) when he tells me that he received the refund for a book that he did return me because he was not happy with it.

This would be my approach as well. There's a lot more to a good buyer than just an on time payment.

As a buyer, I leave feedback once the transaction is completed i.e. 1) when I receive the book and I am happy with it or 2) when I receive a refund for the book because I was not happy with it and had to return it.

As a seller, I leave feedback once the transaction is completed i.e. 1) when the buyer tells me that he received the book and is happy with it or 2) when he tells me that he received the refund for a book that he did return me because he was not happy with it.

Remind me not to buy from anyone with "Dark" or "Picky" in their name . . . lol