• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who leaves feedback first?

187 posts in this topic

As a seller, I leave FB as soon as I get paid.

As a buyer, not until I receive the package and it is inspected, and if any communication is necessary.

-slym

+1

Buyer should ONLY be rated on whether they have paid or not

Seller is rated on item and service

+2

+3

Seriously, this is just common sense and good business parctice.

This is how I look at it:

If this were retail, would you (as the proprietor) wait until the customer left the store, got home, and had a few hours to contemplate their purchase before thanking them, or would you do it right after they paid and before they left the store?

;)

-slym

As a buyer, I won't leave feedback for the seller unless they give me feedback first. They need that feedback more than I do and feedback left for me should not depend on whether or not I leave positive feedback.

Did I pay on time? Did I cause any communication issues? Then give me feedback.

As a buyer, not until I receive the package and it is inspected, and if any communication is necessary.

-slym

+1

+2

+3

Seriously, this is just common sense and good business practice.

+4

I can't even believe this is even debatable.

As a buyer, I won't leave feedback for the seller unless they give me feedback first. They need that feedback more than I do and feedback left for me should not depend on whether or not I leave positive feedback.

^^

Sure, until they issue a VISA chargeback and take off with your comics.

I had a buyer on these boards initiate a chargeback through PayPal claiming that the top sticker of a slab had come off. It was a new slab and was securely attached when I bubble wrapped the book and boxed it up.

It turned out he was trying similar scams with multiple sellers on the boards. I'm glad I didn't leave him feedback as soon as he paid.

^^

This times a million .

I leave feedback as soon as I receive payment . I have it set up automatically .

Most of the time I dont get feedback returned . Thats life . I do a good job and I dont worry about getting negative .

If I should get a Neg , I will deal with it afterwards . But im not going to hold feedback hostage .

Its a sad game I dont play .

Unfortunately there are more buyers trying to scam the sellers nowadays which is what is keeping the sellers from leaving immediate feedback.

The problem is like I said before, if the sellers chose not to leave me feedback, then they are not getting any from me. As the seller, they need my feedback more than I need theirs. So in this case there would be a stand-still and no one would get feedback.

Unfortunately there are more buyers trying to scam the sellers nowadays which is what is keeping the sellers from leaving immediate feedback.

The problem is like I said before, if the sellers chose not to leave me feedback, then they are not getting any from me. As the seller, they need my feedback more than I need theirs. So in this case there would be a stand-still and no one would get feedback.

I really disagree about there being more buyers trying to scam . You just hear more about the bad than the good which is really lopsided , good to bad .

I agree with the rest of what you have to say .

Feedback should be left by both parties at the completion of the transaction. When the buyer receives the item, he should check it out, and if happy, leave feedback for the seller. If there is a problem, he should contact the the seller and attempt to resolve it.

The seller leaving feedback for the buyer is irrelevant, since it can only be a positive anyway. However, feedback accumulation if something most want, so the seller should then leave his feedback when he knows all is well.

IMO, of course.

This is how I look at it:

If this were retail, would you (as the proprietor) wait until the customer left the store, got home, and had a few hours to contemplate their purchase before thanking them, or would you do it right after they paid and before they left the store?

-slym

(thumbs u

this is a good approach

mutually assured nothing, with the stubborn side needing it more....

Feedback should be left by both parties at the completion of the transaction. When the buyer receives the item, he should check it out, and if happy, leave feedback for the seller. If there is a problem, he should contact the the seller and attempt to resolve it.

The seller leaving feedback for the buyer is irrelevant, since it can only be a positive anyway. However, feedback accumulation if something most want, so the seller should then leave his feedback when he knows all is well.

IMO, of course.

when a seller does that he is holding your FB hostage and I don't like it. period.

IMO, of course.

when a seller does that he is holding your FB hostage and I don't like it. period.

How so?

-slym

+1

+2

+3

Seriously, this is just common sense and good business practice.

+4

I can't even believe this is even debatable.

+5

I leave the buyer feedback right after I print the label and affix it to the package

The seller gets feedback after I inspect the contents of the package and I'm happy

IMO, of course.

How so?

he's not giving me feedback until i leave him a positive is how so. nothing i did as a buyer-so it's not FB based on my buying, he just wont give until i give him a pos first. that's a hostage situation.

IMO, of course.

How so?

he's not giving me feedback until i leave him a positive is how so. nothing i did as a buyer-so it's not FB based on my buying, he just wont give until i give him a pos first. that's a hostage situation.

How do you know why he hasn't left a feedback? Maybe he's busy, vacationing, or dead. Do you run right out and post feedback the minute you receive something?

If you're happy when you get your item, if you don't post FB because he didn't, who's holding who hostage now?

BTW, my real opinion of ebay FB is, WGAFF.