• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who leaves feedback first?

187 posts in this topic

Feedback should be left by both parties at the completion of the transaction. When the buyer receives the item, he should check it out, and if happy, leave feedback for the seller. If there is a problem, he should contact the the seller and attempt to resolve it.

The seller leaving feedback for the buyer is irrelevant, since it can only be a positive anyway. However, feedback accumulation if something most want, so the seller should then leave his feedback when he knows all is well.

IMO, of course.

when a seller does that he is holding your FB hostage and I don't like it. period.

How so?

he's not giving me feedback until i leave him a positive is how so. nothing i did as a buyer-so it's not FB based on my buying, he just wont give until i give him a pos first. that's a hostage situation.

How do you know why he hasn't left a feedback? Maybe he's busy, vacationing, or dead. Do you run right out and post feedback the minute you receive something?

If you're happy when you get your item, if you don't post FB because he didn't, who's holding who hostage now?

BTW, my real opinion of ebay FB is, WGAFF.

i know because the minute i get the book and leave FB then POOF I get FB.

and i never said i dont give fb-thats jumping to an erratic conclusion. i do as soon as i get book no matter what. I just feel insulted, is all I'm saying.

As buyer, feedback upon receiving item, Sellers always leave feedback after, which kind of irks me but I guess they do that in case buyer has problem or leaves negative feedback that was unwarranted.

I think seller should leave feedback after getting paid, but thats one of the many reasons I actively try to avoid Feebay whenever possible. Since joining the boards I've only used eBay maybe 3 times and thats only when I can't find buyers or sellers here.

If I'm the seller I don't leave feedback until the transaction has completed successfully without any problems. The buyer currently has all the control on Ebay; I'm not about to leave them positive feedback before receiving it.

As a buyer I usually leave feedback as soon as I receive the item, as I don't want to leave sellers in the lurch wondering if the transaction can be viewed as complete or not. Unfortunately between the poor shipping practices and terrible grading I typically experience when buying on eBay I usually leave neutral feedback to warn other buyers.

This would be my approach as well. There's a lot more to a good buyer than just an on time payment.

As a buyer, I leave feedback once the transaction is completed i.e. 1) when I receive the book and I am happy with it or 2) when I receive a refund for the book because I was not happy with it and had to return it.

As a seller, I leave feedback once the transaction is completed i.e. 1) when the buyer tells me that he received the book and is happy with it or 2) when he tells me that he received the refund for a book that he did return me because he was not happy with it.

Remind me not to buy from anyone with "Dark" or "Picky" in their name . . . lol

:facepalm:

And these remain me to never do business with anyone with "Diva" in his name...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3778048&fpart=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5630591&fpart=1

Buyer: when item is received satisfactorily.

Seller: after buyer leaves fb or seven days after USPS says buyer got item which ever is earlier. I just do seven days because it gives the buyer enough time to contact me if there is an issue, it's easy to remember as a tickler system and it also sometimes prompts buyers to remember to leave fb for me.

Feedback should be left by both parties at the completion of the transaction. When the buyer receives the item, he should check it out, and if happy, leave feedback for the seller. If there is a problem, he should contact the the seller and attempt to resolve it.

The seller leaving feedback for the buyer is irrelevant, since it can only be a positive anyway. However, feedback accumulation if something most want, so the seller should then leave his feedback when he knows all is well.

IMO, of course.

when a seller does that he is holding your FB hostage and I don't like it. period.

How so?

he's not giving me feedback until i leave him a positive is how so. nothing i did as a buyer-so it's not FB based on my buying, he just wont give until i give him a pos first. that's a hostage situation.

How do you know why he hasn't left a feedback? Maybe he's busy, vacationing, or dead. Do you run right out and post feedback the minute you receive something?

If you're happy when you get your item, if you don't post FB because he didn't, who's holding who hostage now?

Trying to figure... Is 1st "F" Frog's? If so - I got it (thumbs u

When buying something on Ebay I hope the seller will leave me positive feedback as they should once my end of the transaction is complete. As a seller, I leave positive feedback once payment is received, whether the buyer decides to leave feedback is up to them.

IMO, of course.

How so?

My guess is Who Gives A Flying.....

IMO, of course.

How so?

tumblr_lfoz34ubtT1qcytps.gif

lol

IMO, of course.

How so?

My guess is Who Gives A Flying.....

Ahhh.... doh!

Back in the day it was the norm for sellers to wait until the buyer left feedback so that the seller could retaliate with a negative if they received one - essentially holding the buyer's feedback hostage. Then once two mutual negatives were given, the seller would use the "Request Mutual Feedback Withdrawal" feature to send both parties back to a pre-neg state.

I believe eBay removed the seller's ability to leave a negative feedback exactly for this reason.

At this point, there's really no reason as a seller to wait to leave feedback. At worst, if the sale goes downhill, you're going either leave no feedback or a positive feedback with negative commentary?

:shrug:

Back in the day it was the norm for sellers to wait until the buyer left feedback so that the seller could retaliate with a negative if they received one - essentially holding the buyer's feedback hostage. Then once two mutual negatives were given, the seller would use the "Request Mutual Feedback Withdrawal" feature to send both parties back to a pre-neg state.

I believe eBay removed the seller's ability to leave a negative feedback exactly for this reason.

At this point, there's really no reason as a seller to wait to leave feedback. At worst, if the sale goes downhill, you're going either leave no feedback or a positive feedback with negative commentary?

:shrug:

which, if I'm not mistaken, ebay will remove upon request.

think of posting fb first as a seller a method of getting on the buyer's good side. that way if there is a problem, he'll be more inclined to want to work it out rather than just lash out. waiting to get fb first accomplishes nothing! nothing!

When selling, I leave feedback as soon as the buyer pays. That person has met her end of the deal. Some people hold feedback hostage. Not me, don't like that practice one bit.

(thumbs u

I leave feedback once the transaction is completed, which means once the buyer has indicated he or she is happy with the purchase. Getting paid is just part of it, and though I've yet to come across an unreasonable buyer, I know folks who have. Why should I leave fb beore I know the buyer has a reasonable attitude about shipping issues beyond my control, or is a scammer?

I honestly don't expect fb from a seller until after I've left it.

why should you leave fb before? because it can put the buyer in a good frame of mind and thats never a bad thing in case there is a problem. I'm a buyer and i'm insulted when this happens to me, and, I'm not alone.

that's why.

why should you leave fb before? because it can put the buyer in a good frame of mind and thats never a bad thing in case there is a problem. I'm a buyer and i'm insulted when this happens to me, and, I'm not alone.

that's why.

Me thinks you may get "insulted" a little to easily.

francis.jpg

lol