• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Traded: CGC 4.0 AF15 and CGC 9.6 TMNT 1
1 1

4.0 AF15 vs 9.6 TMNT 1  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 4.0 AF15 vs 9.6 TMNT 1

523 posts in this topic

Gobbledygook #1 (only 50 ever made/printed in white and black....imagine that TMNT #1 had 3000 printed). CGC will not grade them since it is to hard to distinguish a fake/counterfeit from a real one. The is also a Gobbledygook #2 I believe only 50 where printed as well. I was going to buy a Gobbledygook #1 a few years back till I could not find one graded by CGC then was told what I just mentioned above as why they do not grade them (to many fakes out there). One grading company will grade them (PGX) but if CGC will not take that risk neither am I with the chance of it been a fake. So in the end I will never buy one even if one day CGC decides to go ahead and grade them (that will most likely never happen).

Gobbledygook #1 and #2 would be worth a lot more that TMNT #1 if this was not the case. They are already worth a lot without CGC grading any of them.

Gobbledygook1.jpg

Gobbledygook2.jpg

Here is one graded by PGX (Maybe a counterfeit and maybe a real one no one will ever truly know):

$_1.JPG

That was only an advertisement for TMNT 1. If ads are considered 1st appearances, then a book like DeadWorld 10 would be Crows 1st app.? See how silly that sounds.

Not silly if you bought a raw for $10 and it graded CGC 9.6. :acclaim:

I forgot the boadie's name who hesistated on that eBay deal?

That was only an advertisement for TMNT 1. If ads are considered 1st appearances, then a book like DeadWorld 10 would be Crows 1st app.? See how silly that sounds.

+1

The advertisement on the back of Gobbledygook #1 says TMNT #1 is "NOW ON SALE!".

If TMNT #1 was a future book, why would the ad say it was on sale now?

Gobbledygook #1 (only 50 ever made/printed in white and black....imagine that TMNT #1 had 3000 printed). CGC will not grade them since it is to hard to distinguish a fake/counterfeit from a real one. The is also a Gobbledygook #2 I believe only 50 where printed as well. I was going to buy a Gobbledygook #1 a few years back till I could not find one graded by CGC then was told what I just mentioned above as why they do not grade them (to many fakes out there). One grading company will grade them (PGX) but if CGC will not take that risk neither am I with the chance of it been a fake. So in the end I will never buy one even if one day CGC decides to go ahead and grade them (that will most likely never happen).

Gobbledygook #1 and #2 would be worth a lot more that TMNT #1 if this was not the case. They are already worth a lot without CGC grading any of them.

Gobbledygook1.jpg

Gobbledygook2.jpg

Here is one graded by PGX (Maybe a counterfeit and maybe a real one no one will ever truly know):

$_1.JPG

Hey what can I say Overstreet states Gobbledygook #1 a their 1st appearance so I take that as been what it is. As mentioned CGC will not grade this book only PGX would.

Edited by Hulk1962

Gobbledygook1.jpg

Gobbledygook2.jpg

$_1.JPG

CGC will not grade this book only PGX would.

I think he's talking about DeadWorld 10. :eyeroll:

Gobbledygook1.jpg

Gobbledygook2.jpg

$_1.JPG

Ah then who cares in that case!! I have no care for the Crow!!

Edited by Hulk1962

+1

The advertisement on the back of Gobbledygook #1 says TMNT #1 is "NOW ON SALE!".

If TMNT #1 was a future book, why would the ad say it was on sale now?

I do agree, both examples are only advertisements and they should only be important to a TMNT or Crow collector as part of the title's history, not a 1st appearance. NewEnglandGothic funfact #12,615: TMNT #1 was printed in Dover, NH!

Gobbledygook1.jpg

Gobbledygook2.jpg

$_1.JPG

Ah then who cares in that case!!

^^

In this age of encapsulation, the Gobblygook books are non-starters. TMNT 1 is the 1st appearance of the turtles....

Tell that to Overstreet!!

What's Overstreet? ???

Seriously? The annual price guide for comic books (Printed since 1970 by Robert ''Bob'' Overstreet).

Edited by Hulk1962

In this age of encapsulation, the Gobblygook books are non-starters. TMNT 1 is the 1st appearance of the turtles....

What's Overstreet? ???

Seriously? The annual price guide for comic books (Printed since 1970 by Robert ''Bob'' Overstreet).

yvpMRlv.gif

What's Overstreet? ???

yvpMRlv.gif

Can we get back on track to TMNT #1 I am sure some members do not appreciate us wasting there time here with so much non sens!!

Edited by Hulk1962

What's Overstreet? ???

yvpMRlv.gif

Can we get back on track to TMNT #1 I am sure some members do not appreciate us wasting there time here with so much non sens!!

'em

If you're posting on a comic book message board, you give up your rights to complain about "wasted time".