• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Traded: CGC 4.0 AF15 and CGC 9.6 TMNT 1
1 1

4.0 AF15 vs 9.6 TMNT 1  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 4.0 AF15 vs 9.6 TMNT 1

523 posts in this topic

I think the older Overstreet price guides use to say 1st appearance of the TMNT. I am not 100% sure but I seem tio remember that but a few years ago I got rid of my older Overstreet guides I now only have #44 and #45.

So.............. meh

We just went through 20+ pages of Overstreet says yada yada yada.

Then you say "well I thought it said 1st appearance"? :eyeroll:

:makepoint:

I believe the older ones do but I am not 100% sure.

It's okay brother, just bustin balls. lol

I think the older Overstreet price guides use to say 1st appearance of the TMNT. I am not 100% sure but I seem tio remember that but a few years ago I got rid of my older Overstreet guides I now only have #44 and #45.

So.............. meh

We just went through 20+ pages of Overstreet says yada yada yada.

Then you say "well I thought it said 1st appearance"? :eyeroll:

:makepoint:

I believe the older ones do but I am not 100% sure.

They do not.

Would rather own TMNT 1 in HG than AF15 in low grade. It all comes down to personal preference, and as a collector it's about what you will cherish and appreciate owning the most. Monetry worth shouldn't solely be the deciding factor as long as it's not miles apart - congrats (thumbs u

Will be interesting to see if the clink 9.6 tmnt 1 beats the 4.0 AF 15 that sold on there last nighr

It will also be interesting to see what happens once again to AF 15's when Tom Holland Spider-mans movies backed by Disney/Marvel Studios come out in soon.......

Personally I think whatever pop the book is going to get is already factored in at this point. Disney announced the reacquisition, cast him, and showed him in a good 15-20 minutes of a billion dollar movie. I'm sure his stand alone movie will be great, but I don't see the book popping that much.

Personally I think whatever pop the book is going to get is already factored in at this point. Disney announced the reacquisition, cast him, and showed him in a good 15-20 minutes of a billion dollar movie. I'm sure his stand alone movie will be great, but I don't see the book popping that much.

AF 15's are still trading at pre-Civil War levels. (which are still good).

I have a good feeling Tom Holland's performance will really rejuvenate the character with the masses.

I don't think the book will double up again, but I do suspect a 10-15% bump easily.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Will be interesting to see if the clink 9.6 tmnt 1 beats the 4.0 AF 15 that sold on there last nighr

TMNT #1 caught up quite a bit in 2 years but AF 15 is still more expensive.

Just wondering why in less than 2 years time TMNT #1's basically doubled.

Kinda makes no sense just like WWBN 32's price increase.

Even with a movie or TV series the prices don't make sense.

TMNT #1 caught up quite a bit in 2 years but AF 15 is still more expensive.

Just wondering why in less than 2 years time TMNT #1's basically doubled.

Kinda makes no sense just like WWBN 32's price increase.

Even with a movie or TV series the prices don't make sense.

The TMNT higher grades have significantly increased recently because the lower grades had already seen the same increases in the past. There was a disconnect for a long time even up through the 2014 Turtles movie. Now they've re-established an equilibrium I would expect to last for a while.

18 hours ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Thread resurrection!

4 and a half years later, the trade looks genius for the guy that got the TMNT

:whistle:

It will be 7 years since the trade this month.  4 and a half years since the last comments before today. 

The original voting (the better book long-term) was 75% AF15 vs 25% TMNT1.

Edited by valiantman