• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Traded: CGC 4.0 AF15 and CGC 9.6 TMNT 1
1 1

4.0 AF15 vs 9.6 TMNT 1  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 4.0 AF15 vs 9.6 TMNT 1

523 posts in this topic

Just for reference purposes in case not mentioned, a TMNT #1 CGC 9.8 fetched $13,088 in a bidding style auction only 3 years ago (end of March 2013) on CC. CGC census at that time was 3.

When that sale happened in 2013, there were 10 on the CGC census.

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/5000360

Just for reference purposes in case not mentioned, a TMNT #1 CGC 9.8 fetched $13,088 in a bidding style auction only 3 years ago (end of March 2013) on CC. CGC census at that time was 3.

In 2013, there were 10 or 11.

Interesting. I "got" that census number from the comments section on the CC listing.

CGC NM/M: 9.8

Publisher: Mirage

Bid History: Sold For

$13,088

39 Bids

End Time: 8:03 PM EDT

Friday 3/22/2013

Comments: white pgs, 1 of only 3 in census! Rare 1st Printing!

origin and 1st app. of the TMNT; most valuable comic of the Copper Age!

Highest Graded

Interesting. I "got" that census number from the comments section on the CC listing.

$13,088

39 Bids

Friday 3/22/2013

Highest Graded

Unfortunately, that comment either needs to have been written in January 2012, or it was a lie. hm

$13,088

39 Bids

Friday 3/22/2013

Highest Graded

Unfortunately, that comment either needs to have been written in January 2012, or it was a lie. hm

With all due respect for these auction companies, in a haste to get books posted by deadline, I know that they use dated templates that go along with a book that they have sold once before. If you care to scan the auctions you can catch many of these boo boos, such as highest graded when its known that its clearly not. I think that you could call and they'd fix it, but then who cares to make the call and there ya go, it dont get fixed.

$13,088

39 Bids

Friday 3/22/2013

Highest Graded

If I am a legit bidder on this auction with intention of acquisition I am going to take a minute to check the census in real time - no?

That is quite a little explosion in the census on this slab from 2012 vs 2013. Remind me a little of that Harb 1 9.8 slab. Seemed like for years and years never moved and was always mid single digits and then one random day I looked and could not believe it.

AF15 is KING simple as that!! TMNT #1 does not even come close as far as popularity or as a blue chip book!!

Spidey is in the up coming Captain America movie and he will then join the Avengers on the big screen as well. No way are the TMNT in demand like Spidey is and NEVER will be!!

TMNT #1 is a nice/cool book to own but it has nothing on AF15!! Hulk #1, Showcase #4 and other top SA keys smash the Turtles 24/7 365 days a year!!

There is no point trying to convince me otherwise Spider-Man out sells the TMNT by a TON of money every single year.

If you are happy with your trade then that is what matters but financially you did not come out the winner in this trade!!

This ''ugly'' looking AF15 CGC 4.0 sold for almost 15 000$ on Heritage Auctions in November of 2015.

Link:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-vg-40-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7152-91164.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Edited by Hulk1962

Hulk 1962 very well said. Comparing a AF 15 to. Tmnt say a 2.5 grade to a 9.6 Tmnt is like

comparing a hot dog to a T-bone steak with fries and a beer. No contest!!! SPIDERMAN is the

3rd most important superhero ever created next to Superman and Batman..

Hulk 1962 very well said. Comparing a AF 15 to. Tmnt say a 2.5 grade to a 9.6 Tmnt is like

comparing a hot dog to a T-bone steak with fries and a beer. No contest!!! SPIDERMAN is the

3rd most important superhero ever created next to Superman and Batman..

Spider-Man>Batman>Superman

:baiting:

:facepalm:

What you don't get the humor in a person saying their collecting preference is wrong and rubbing salt in wound and yet that same person would tell you that buying a Dell'Otto super rare variant that only 17 exist and that its super rare and the print run is next to zero and only 1 copy is ever for sale and no one else can find these books is better than a TMNT 1?

What you don't get the humor in a person saying their collecting preference is wrong and rubbing salt in wound and yet that same person would tell you that buying a Dell'Otto super rare variant that only 17 exist and that its super rare and the print run is next to zero and only 1 copy is ever for sale and no one else can find these books is better than a TMNT 1?

Sorry, the emoticons aren't great communicators.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was face-palming the fact that people were disparaging the trade, collections and rubbing salt in the wound in general.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was face-palming the fact that people were disparaging the trade, collections and rubbing salt in the wound in general.

meh

meh

:sorry:

What the hell are you run-on sentencing about ? (shrug)

*I'M* the one who originally said there's no point in rubbing salt in the wound.

The rest of that nonsense in your post is just a massive fart from your imagination.

-J.

What the hell are you run-on sentencing about ? (shrug)

*I'M* the one who originally said there's no point in rubbing salt in the wound.

The rest of that nonsense in your post is just a massive fart from your imagination.

-J.

That was not a great trade (for the person who traded the AF 15),

-J.

Don't worry Dell'Otto stuff so rare so valuable me likely long time. Oh so rare! So rare ebay has no bookie! His stuff muchoawesomo! Better den stinky turtle! JarJar know he books is better den your books cause he books are better