• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do any of you guys press moderns?

507 posts in this topic

So the gist is that Larry didn't want to have an expose on pressing or to share the secrets to the masses. He wanted to learn how to do it, so he could press books in his shops. I hope you guys feel as suckered as was intended. Don't forget to share your tips here so that Larry can benefit from your experience and hard work, for free.

So the gist is that Larry didn't want to have an expose on pressing or to share the secrets to the masses. He wanted to learn how to do it, so he could press books in his shops. I hope you guys feel as suckered as was intended. Don't forget to share your tips here so that Larry can benefit from your experience and hard work, for free.

"Larry" shares tips here ALL the time so boardies can benefit from his experience and hard work.

Chumplestilsken...

My press sandwich:

Bottom of press pad

art board

silicone paper

book with supports (thinner than backing board)

silicon

thin flatboard

I just pressed 170 degrees for 40 seconds with cover up.

Then 40 seconds cover down.

30 minute cool down in press.

Book is soft & supple.

Stunning.

I think that's my formula for current Marvel stock.

Can't do better than this.

Trying an Afterlife w Archie now...

77WeRsgl.jpg

I shared my information out in the open. Not in a PM to Larry, so I fail to see how others will not be able to benefit from my information.

The simple fact of the matter is there are an esoteric few who do not want this information being public, and I simply think that is wrong. People who press as a business will still be able to get lots of work.

Now something I am sure professional pressers would love to see, is that if CGC started handing out purple labels for improperly pressed books, which honestly I think is a good idea.

I can spot improperly pressed books a mile away and CGC should have no problem doing so as well.

It definitely got the wrinkles out, but can I see a "line" all the way up the spine from where your support inside the book was? In the after image, it looks like that.

-slym

Nods... don't put anything inside the book.

It definitely got the wrinkles out, but can I see a "line" all the way up the spine from where your support inside the book was? In the after image, it looks like that.

-slym

Absolutely...

trying some thinner support stock now.

The prep phase is SO important.

-slym

Absolutely...

trying some thinner support stock now.

The prep phase is SO important.

Trust me, You dont need anything inside the book for support. The book will be fine without it.

That being said. I doubt very seriously anyone has sent the OP any angry or threatening PMs about this thread.

I wouldn't doubt for a second that threatening pm's have been sent. Some people are very touchy around here.

Should I start "outing"?

That being said. I doubt very seriously anyone has sent the OP any angry or threatening PMs about this thread.

I wouldn't doubt for a second that threatening pm's have been sent. Some people are very touchy around here.

Should I start "outing"?

Do the voices inside your head count as a PM?

I, for one, do in fact doubt that any such "threatening" PMs were ever sent. But, if anybody knows about threatening other board members, it's Larry.

My press sandwich:

Bottom of press pad

art board

silicone paper

book with supports ( changed emup: Used non coated thick paper )

silicon

thin flatboard

I just pressed 170 degrees for 40 seconds with cover up.

Then 40 seconds cover down.

15 minute cool down in press.

aL9u9GBl.jpg