• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full Flash Costume revealed

79 posts in this topic

Put him in bright red spandex and it just wouldn't work.

I agree (sort of), but why?

Bold primary colors worked in 1978 for Superman, so why not now? The only meaningful answer is that our aesthetic has somehow been altered in the interim: these days, we expect drab colors on superheroes, and reject bright, vibrant ones as cartoony and childish.

Reverse the eras and colors, and try to imagine your reaction to seeing a promo image of a muted, burgundy-colored movie Flash ca. 1980. I'm guessing "It just won't work..." would have been an almost universal reaction back then as well.

What's changed? We have, I guess.

I was thinking about this very subject a short time ago after watching this video:

)

My immediate reaction (after I made yet another brief mental note of how incredibly fetching Katy Perry is) was: "Wow...I sure wish someone would make a comic book movie that looked like this!"

Not bloody likely, I know...

looks better that the crapfest singer is giving us with quicksilver

Where is there a image of this?!?

When does this Flash show debut? What channel?

show comes out this fall on the CW network.

here is quicksilver in X-men days of future past.

X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past-Quicksilver-889x1024.jpg