• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM AF-15. Grade is in

29 posts in this topic

Picked this up yesterday with entire ASM run1-101 and a GRR 1. Old tape on cover by the 12. My guess is that it was a remainder copy, but could just be nasty tear. Top staple is there but I don't think it's attached. No chipping and amazing colors. Thanks for your opinions in advance.

v0PTKxQ.png

GmJE5Bu.png

U393Doe.png

ES1efUD.png

aRtZHCg.png

To be totally honest, I would have the book restored and then get it slabbed! There have been some very nicely restored books posted in the CGC Forums and I think your copy is a perfect candidate!smiley-gen130.gif

If that tear were on the back cover I'd say let it go, but on the front the presentation will be so much better if you restore it, not to mention a higher albeit restored number on the slab. Demand for AF15 is such that purple slabs sell pretty easily I think, especially nice looking ones.

If that tear were on the back cover I'd say let it go, but on the front the presentation will be so much better if you restore it, not to mention a higher albeit restored number on the slab. Demand for AF15 is such that purple slabs sell pretty easily I think, especially nice looking ones.

+1 For all these reasons! I was trying to find a post of a beautifully restored book to link but couldn't find it. If I find it later I will link it to this post unless someone else finds it first?smiley-gen130.gif

Personally I wouldn't go the restored route. Even though we're discussing AF15 I think the restored label is still a deterrent to some collectors. Personally I don't give restored books a second glance. IMO your always better off with an unaltered original. ;)

Personally I wouldn't go the restored route. Even though we're discussing AF15 I think the restored label is still a deterrent to some collectors. Personally I don't give restored books a second glance when I'm looking for a particular comic. IMO your always better off with an unaltered original. ;)

What he said. Do NOT restore it. Keep it in its original, well loved and beautiful form.

-J.