• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[WINNER ANNOUNCED] Guess the grade, win my undercopy: Strange Tales 132

64 posts in this topic

are you looking at an enlarged pic somehow or are my eyes bad?

Just above the images David has provided links to higher res scans. Click on the link and then a new screen will pop up. Click on the new image and then click on the image again. You should now have a very impressive scan to view and grade!

smiley-chores028.gif

Hey, lots of guesses, great!

Just a reminder, from my original post:

If more than one person is guessing the same grade, I'll use random.org to pull a winner at random.

And I guess I should say, although everybody who's already posted is clear on this one, one guess per person.

dang i wanna see the results!

i changed my guess after looking at bigger pics

can someone enumerate the flaws that would lead to a 6.5? I see discolored staples, slight ulc and urc wear and some ink loss in bad guy's crotch-what am I missing?

Seriously give me some time and I'll do up a detailed review for you!smiley-gen130.gif

thx. I want to learn. usually my grades are dead on with everyone else's. I just dont get it.....

Here's my take:

Front Cover:

-TLHC impact damage and minor colour loss

-7 visible spine stresses

-LRHC rounded/worn

-minor colour chipping along the bottom

-appears to be slight impact damage along the bottom - approximately the middle of the front cover

-LRHC minor creasing

-general minor edge wear along the RHS

-TRHC rounded/worn

-colour loss along the bottom of the insert image

-small stain in the 'R' in Baron

(additional marks noted below this point can't be certain are on the book or possibly on the CGC holder)

-line through the 'S' and 'R' in the title word 'STRANGE'

-line running through Human Torch at a 45 degree angle from the word 'UP' in the purple caption box

-colour loss or line on Thing's right thigh

-lines through the caption arrow on the lower LHS through the letter 'G' in strange and down through the letters 'C-T-D' below

Back Cover:

-general minor corner wear and spine stresses

-general minor wear overall, nothing notable

=6.5 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

Good eye. I missed some of those and it is hard to tell what's on the slab and what's on the comic some times. I suspect your 6.5 guess is more likely, but I'll leave mine where it is, as one never knows with CGC in the midgrades.