• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round

439 posts in this topic

I got word books have shipped and will be posted momentarily.

if this is an april fools day joke, in the words of our esteemed leader Greggy, "suck it"

:sumo:

bump?

Not a good advertisement for getting books graded. It must be beyond frustrating too wait so long to get merchandise back.

Not a good advertisement for getting books graded. It must be beyond frustrating too wait so long to get merchandise back.

Amazing isn't how many people complain about CGC but yet there is no shortage of submissions? Some real thick hypocrisy going on but I guess that's what happens when there is only one game in town

Amazing isn't how many people complain about CGC but yet there is no shortage of submissions? Some real thick hypocrisy going on but I guess that's what happens when there is only one game in town

:whistle:

hm

Hypocrisy ?

Complaining about a service that one continues to use is not hypocrisy.

This is a prime example of CGC not prioritizing ....

Boards contest book should be graded for free and shipped first. Really :sumo:

Maybe the contest should be who can push their books through CGC the fastest using sob stories, social engineering, bomb threats, whatever.

hm

Hypocrisy ?

Vote with your wallet. If you don't like the service, then don't use it. There are really only two choices. Use their service or don't use it. Yeah, you could go the PGX route but very few people will advocate that, with good reason.

And I'm not talking about a one time event. I'm talking about repeatedly using the service. People repeatedly complain about turnaround times and yet send in more books. ???

Now would be a good time to ask more people to donate prizes for this contest.

Here's the prize thread:

7th Annual March Madness Grading Contest Prize List

C'mon, boys and girls. :applause:

I'm still trying to figure out what to donate. (shrug)

Me too

Amazing isn't how many people complain about CGC but yet there is no shortage of submissions?

36206-Marvel_Universe_Board_Game_Monopoly_English_Version.jpg

is this a real game? someone should donate it to the prize pool, looks pretty sweet

My submissions are far and few between but I still like the service and collect the silly encased paper. Maybe 10-20 every few years.

I would submit a lot more if it wasn't so painful to wait. :-)

It's about creating perceived value and as long as I can take a $100 raw book, spend $25-$75 and receive a salable $300-$1000 book, I'm happy. Then I go buy something else for the collection.

It's also about finally completing that slabbed run of keepers in 7.0+. Finding raw and submitting with fingers crossed or tapping into someone else's fortune and buying their slabs at a premium.

If there were a faster, better, quicker, speedier, rapid, accelerated, more respected service, I'd consider them too.

I also need to find a prize to donate. :sumo:

Amazing isn't how many people complain about CGC but yet there is no shortage of submissions?

36206-Marvel_Universe_Board_Game_Monopoly_English_Version.jpg

is this a real game?

Yep (I own one and properties are based on rare comics like AF 15, FF 1, etc.).

marvel_comics_mon_pr.jpg

And they have Spider-man Monopoly too.

10223500.jpg

hm

Hypocrisy ?

Vote with your wallet. If you don't like the service, then don't use it. There are really only two choices. Use their service or don't use it. Yeah, you could go the PGX route but very few people will advocate that, with good reason.

And I'm not talking about a one time event. I'm talking about repeatedly using the service. People repeatedly complain about turnaround times and yet send in more books. ???

CGC - they're so backed up that no one uses them anymore.