• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round

439 posts in this topic

Not a good advertisement for getting books graded. It must be beyond frustrating too wait so long to get merchandise back.

Amazing isn't how many people complain about CGC but yet there is no shortage of submissions? Some real thick hypocrisy going on but I guess that's what happens when there is only one game in town

hm

Hypocrisy ?

Complaining about a service that one continues to use is not hypocrisy.

Vote with your wallet. If you don't like the service, then don't use it. There are really only two choices. Use their service or don't use it. Yeah, you could go the PGX route but very few people will advocate that, with good reason.

And I'm not talking about a one time event. I'm talking about repeatedly using the service. People repeatedly complain about turnaround times and yet send in more books. ???

CGC - they're so backed up that no one uses them anymore.

I'd be curious as to the percentage of blockage from dealers vs collectors.

Not a good advertisement for getting books graded. It must be beyond frustrating too wait so long to get merchandise back.

Amazing isn't how many people complain about CGC but yet there is no shortage of submissions? Some real thick hypocrisy going on but I guess that's what happens when there is only one game in town

hm

Hypocrisy ?

Vote with your wallet. If you don't like the service, then don't use it. There are really only two choices. Use their service or don't use it. Yeah, you could go the PGX route but very few people will advocate that, with good reason.

And I'm not talking about a one time event. I'm talking about repeatedly using the service. People repeatedly complain about turnaround times and yet send in more books. ???

This is true, I was nitpicking your choice of words.

hm

Hypocrisy ?

This is true, I was nitpicking your choice of words.

Maybe I should have said insanity.

Is there a lack of people qualified to grade or is it CGC does not pay sufficient to make people quit their job to go grade books. I would think CGC would expand their business to make sure books do not sit for months prior to being shipped out.

Is there a lack of people qualified to grade or is it CGC does not pay sufficient to make people quit their job to go grade books. I would think CGC would expand their business to make sure books do not sit for months prior to being shipped out.

When your best graders, grade a book 3 different times and it comes back blue, purple, blue..different grades, and different page quality all within a months time..i think they have a lack of qualified people

When you are a MONOPOLY, customer service is an afterthought.

It could be a fun job for a few weeks....maybe in retirement I'll travel to Florida and help them catch up for a month, then travel home...might pay for the trip.....but not counting my paychecks until they hatch.

It might be fun for a few weeks. However, grading comics all day every day???? Yeah, no. I can usually handle grading 20-30 comics at a time and then I'm ready to replace my eyes and drink a couple beers

I don't understand how is it possible that books graded on March 12th have not been shipped yet on April 4th.

Do the guys in the shipping department attends cons too? Or just the graders? Or do the graders also pack the comics and ship them?

When CGC attends a convention, the building in Sarasota is empty?

I find it really hard to understand, more when you see this (from the CGC turnaround thread):

update

Coupon Submission

Received: 3/11

Verified: 3/12

Scheduled for Grading: 3/26

Graded 3/28

Quality Control 4/1

Shipped/Safe 4/2

It has everything to do with the tier chosen. A coupon submission almost always is on time like clockwork. Other tiers, not so much. For the rare times when the books are graded and encapsulated earlier than expected, they generally leave at the allotted time, seldom early by much.