• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tempers and Ego's

179 posts in this topic

Anyone else besides me ever find yourself arguing over a comic on the boards for no reason..Then getting p.o.ed over it. I find myself getting upset and into arguments for the stupidest things. It amazes me that some think they are God's here and know it all, or are the comic police and have to report any and every violation even if there is a reason. I had to sit back and relax. They are comics..I love em, had em since 1966 when my grandfather kept a run of ASM for me..But at the end of the night, we all have our own opinions, usually mine are right..lol. And I wouldn't trade the arguing and friendships in dealing comics for anything else..Thanks Guys for making me angry, happy and smile a lot..

We obsess over a hobby most people make fun of, why anyone on here would think their better than anyone else is laughable to me. Don't sweat it. (thumbs u

hey being king of the geeks if very important business!

how dare you take it so lightly!

:grin:

I love comics and really didn't collect as a kid. Outside of Archie, Richie Rich and a few Duck titles I didn't buy comics as a kid I was more of a hockey sports card kid (Canada lol). I started reading and collecting in my 20's. I certainly don't know everything and don't pretend to lol. I love coming on here to learn and read about comics. There are a lot of fantastic people on here but like everything dealing with people there are ego's and some people just don't get a long. I bet in life they are the same. I learned to ignore those members and post and stay out of it and to enjoy the good part of the hobby. However sometimes its easy to feel intimidated by some members esp when it comes to confidence with grading. I really don't feel comfortable trading or selling on here for that reason. People here are quick to point out faults and mistakes from other members. For my purpose this site is excellent, I learn new stuff about comics on here everyday.

Anyone else besides me ever find yourself arguing over a comic on the boards for no reason..Then getting p.o.ed over it. I find myself getting upset and into arguments for the stupidest things. It amazes me that some think they are God's here and know it all, or are the comic police and have to report any and every violation even if there is a reason. I had to sit back and relax. They are comics..I love em, had em since 1966 when my grandfather kept a run of ASM for me..But at the end of the night, we all have our own opinions, usually mine are right..lol. And I wouldn't trade the arguing and friendships in dealing comics for anything else..Thanks Guys for making me angry, happy and smile a lot..

Egos :baiting:

Yes I am saying you should never have to report any violation at all..lol..They do have mods who do their jobs well. I remember a buddy of mine, wanted to be a cop, never got too, but he got to be a security guard unarmed..The authority is all he wanted because in his home life he had none, the authority went to his head. Yes of course we can report violations, but shouldn't our point be to maybe talk to the violator nicely and explain to him the rules, some seem to do really well at these, others are just out to look important. It happens everywhere..Just use your common sense, mine gets me in trouble, but hopefully yours won't..