• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tempers and Ego's

179 posts in this topic

The same could be said for talking out of one's bunghole. That often leads to unneeded conflict, both in correcting the incorrect information, and the ensuing butthurt of the correctee.

…and I would agree with this statement as well.

You are referring to yesterday's thread "issue". I usually have a policy of not speaking on a subject unless I know what I'm talking about 100%, it works great for me since I'm in a sales job. In the thread yesterday, I paraphrased something on the CGC website and one boardie was quick to say I was completely wrong because of one word, that really didn't matter. I still got the same point across.

The main point of it was that this is not my work…this is an internet message board. If I use one wrong word here, it does not result in thousands of dollars being lost to my company. It results in people being butthurt over proper grammar…and I don't know about anyone else, but if I had to spend my off time correcting everyone's grammar online, I'd put a bullet my head. Other than the one word, any sensible person could still understand what I said without making a big deal over it.

So like I said in my other post, we should really think about what we are about to post before posting it. Does it really matter at all?

Yes, for posterity purposes, I am pretty sure this was you and not me.

I try to get along with everyone here,and yes I do make fun of noobs,azzhats,dumbarses and even Jimmy Linguinii (most times all in the same category).

I think it's all about respect for your fellow board member,respect goes both ways.If you treat me with respect,I will treat you with it as well.

For the most part I think you all are A+ tops in my book,and I have learned many things in my tenure here.

Oakman-Who believes "All you need is love" :foryou:

Hippie. :baiting:

lol

Justin you are a good example.When you came to the boards,you PM'd me.Said hi I'm new here,and introduced yourself to me.You gave me respect,and that goes a long way with me.

You didn't come on the boards guns a blazing,telling people what they should think because that's the way you do it.You gave us old timers respect,and we in turn welcomed you with open arms. (thumbs u

Is there really going to be an argument, in a thread about why we have arguments? If so lol

Of course there is - it wouldn't be the internet without it!

I try to get along with everyone here,and yes I do make fun of noobs,azzhats,dumbarses and even Jimmy Linguinii (most times all in the same category).

I think it's all about respect for your fellow board member,respect goes both ways.If you treat me with respect,I will treat you with it as well.

For the most part I think you all are A+ tops in my book,and I have learned many things in my tenure here.

lol

Justin you are a good example.When you came to the boards,you PM'd me.Said hi I'm new here,and introduced yourself to me.You gave me respect,and that goes a long way with me.

You didn't come on the boards guns a blazing,telling people what they should think because that's the way you do it.You gave us old timers respect,and we in turn welcomed you with open arms. (thumbs u

That's why he has his own t-shirt.

The same could be said for talking out of one's bunghole. That often leads to unneeded conflict, both in correcting the incorrect information, and the ensuing butthurt of the correctee.

You are referring to yesterday's thread "issue". I usually have a policy of not speaking on a subject unless I know what I'm talking about 100%, it works great for me since I'm in a sales job. In the thread yesterday, I paraphrased something on the CGC website and one boardie was quick to say I was completely wrong because of one word, that really didn't matter. I still got the same point across.

Can you please stop fixating on the one word nonsense? Everything you posted in that thread was incorrect.

The point is, if that argument was stupid and did not matter to you, then why would you bring it up in a different thread when Slym is not around to state his position?

You are trying to start up the argument again...

um, yeah, because I am totally the one who wrote an entire paragraph about the incident in this thread. :eyeroll:

I did not type that up to rehash that argument though.

lol

Shut it, n00b.

lol

Shut it, n00b.

(worship) Of course oh wonderful wise one.

Can you please stop fixating on the one word nonsense? Everything you posted in that thread was incorrect.

Then let's all agree to disagree and be done with it.

lol

Here's the thing with me. As an "old timer" I don't expect respect from any noobs. They hardly have to kiss my ring. I'm not that important. I'm just another voice on the boards.

However, what bugs the everlovin' hell out of me is the instigating, mouthy, agenda driven, butthurt feeling, responsibility avoiding noob who thinks that after a month or two on the boards they can just spout off about how terrible this place is and how horrible we all are. :eyeroll:

If you don't like it that much then just shut the :censored: up and leave.

:foryou:

lol

Shut it, n00b.

Now that is respect!

lol

Shut it, n00b.

Now that is respect!

:foryou: I find the older I get,the more I act like Roy. :eek: I may have a problem. :ohnoez:

So does referring to yourself like someone else we all know earn respect?

Highradart, who thinks this thread is going nowhere.

lol

:foryou:

Did Swick cover the "Hi, I'm new here :hi: and I'll be posting 30 times a day" butt-kissing PM to veterans in the n00b guide or is this something he kept to himself?

hm

:roflmao:

Actually, for the first month or so, I was too busy posting WTB threads in CG. :facepalm: