• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craigslist Math and the Rebuttal

20 posts in this topic

According to the math of the first post my collection is worth millions.... and then the next guy had to come along and crush my dreams. My favorite line "Be prepared to be disappointed", awesome. I'll say this about Craigslist, it never fails to entertain

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/clt/4382189009.html

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/clt/4383144243.html

For posterity:

ORIGINAL AD:

263 super hero comic books worth over 15k - $3000 (lehigh acres)

I have 263 comic books from Justice league the hulk superman batman action comics green lantern green arrow hawk fantastic four xmen hercules.

Most of them are from really early 1980s to late 1980s and some rare 1990s I have alot of sets from 1979 to 1980s starting from the 1 and so on.. also have rear anual comic books of superman batman green lantern justice league and a couple more.

just on 4 of the rarest ones together makes $4500 to $8000 depending on conditions and i have them mint not even open or even read.

Selling all 263 comic books singles or all together asap. Dont have time to sell them on ebay or auctions.comic book store sells them for me for a % but im just trying to sell them all at onces and just forget about them hurts to know i have about 15k or more just need the money to get back to work on my buisness..MY LOST YOUR GAIN.

Come check them out or look them up you will realize the value.

Shot me an offer willing to trade for dually 350 from 99 to 03 diesel.

DONT BE SCARED TO TROW AN OFFER OR TRADE. ALL IM GOIN TO SAY IS NO.

Give me a call at 786 [edited out].

REPLY:

JUAN WHERE ARE YOU COMING UP WITH THE VALUE OF YOUR COMIC BOOKS? (SARASOTA)

DUDE YOU ARE WAY OFF BASE ON THE VALUE OF YOUR COMIC BOOKS. FROM YOUR PICTURES YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING TO GET 50 CENTS TO A DOLLAR A PIECE FOR YOUR COMICS AT BEST AND YOU PROBABLY WON'T EVEN GET THAT. YOU DON'T HAVE AN AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #129 THAT'S A COPY OF MARVEL TALES. BIG DIFFENCE YOUR BOOK IS A REPRINT. SAME THING WITH THE GREEN ARROW / GREEN LANTERN THAT'S NOT GREEN LANTERN #76 THAT WAS DONE IN THE EARLY '70'S THE ONE YOU HAVE IS A GREEN ARROW FROM THE EARLY '90'S. AGAIN, A HUGE DIFFERANCE IN THE VALUE. YOU DON'T HAVE A $500.00 COMIC BOOK , MORE LIKE A 50 CENT BOOK. WHEN YOU'RE READY TO SELL THEM CONTACT ME AND I'LL MAKE YOU A REALISTIC OFFER ON THE COMICS, AND BE PREPARED TO BE DISAPPOINTED. SORRY, GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE.

----------------

"MY LOST YOUR GAIN" lol

I was in a comic shop this weekend and a guy in front of me was asking the clerk to hold $12 worth of books for him. He then turned to me and started talking about his complete set of I Love Lucy comics that he had in bank vault. After asking me to guess what they were worth (to which I just sighed), he replied "one and a half million dollars". He wasn't selling though, he was going to pass them on to future generations.

It takes all kinds.

I was in a comic shop this weekend and a guy in front of me was asking the clerk to hold $12 worth of books for him. He then turned to me and started talking about his complete set of I Love Lucy comics that he had in bank vault. After asking me to guess what they were worth (to which I just sighed), he replied "one and a half million dollars". He wasn't selling though, he was going to pass them on to future generations.

It takes all kinds.

I dislike dealing with guys like that. Everything they have is worth more than I am willing to pay. Waste of everyone's time.

For posterity:

ORIGINAL AD:

263 super hero comic books worth over 15k - $3000 (lehigh acres)

I have 263 comic books from Justice league the hulk superman batman action comics green lantern green arrow hawk fantastic four xmen hercules.

Most of them are from really early 1980s to late 1980s and some rare 1990s I have alot of sets from 1979 to 1980s starting from the 1 and so on.. also have rear anual comic books of superman batman green lantern justice league and a couple more.

just on 4 of the rarest ones together makes $4500 to $8000 depending on conditions and i have them mint not even open or even read.

Selling all 263 comic books singles or all together asap. Dont have time to sell them on ebay or auctions.comic book store sells them for me for a % but im just trying to sell them all at onces and just forget about them hurts to know i have about 15k or more just need the money to get back to work on my buisness..MY LOST YOUR GAIN.

Come check them out or look them up you will realize the value.

Shot me an offer willing to trade for dually 350 from 99 to 03 diesel.

DONT BE SCARED TO TROW AN OFFER OR TRADE. ALL IM GOIN TO SAY IS NO.

Give me a call at 786 [edited out].

REPLY:

JUAN WHERE ARE YOU COMING UP WITH THE VALUE OF YOUR COMIC BOOKS? (SARASOTA)

DUDE YOU ARE WAY OFF BASE ON THE VALUE OF YOUR COMIC BOOKS. FROM YOUR PICTURES YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING TO GET 50 CENTS TO A DOLLAR A PIECE FOR YOUR COMICS AT BEST AND YOU PROBABLY WON'T EVEN GET THAT. YOU DON'T HAVE AN AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #129 THAT'S A COPY OF MARVEL TALES. BIG DIFFENCE YOUR BOOK IS A REPRINT. SAME THING WITH THE GREEN ARROW / GREEN LANTERN THAT'S NOT GREEN LANTERN #76 THAT WAS DONE IN THE EARLY '70'S THE ONE YOU HAVE IS A GREEN ARROW FROM THE EARLY '90'S. AGAIN, A HUGE DIFFERANCE IN THE VALUE. YOU DON'T HAVE A $500.00 COMIC BOOK , MORE LIKE A 50 CENT BOOK. WHEN YOU'RE READY TO SELL THEM CONTACT ME AND I'LL MAKE YOU A REALISTIC OFFER ON THE COMICS, AND BE PREPARED TO BE DISAPPOINTED. SORRY, GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE.

----------------

"MY LOST YOUR GAIN" lol

My lost, your grain!

I just got here! What's this about someone loosing their brain?electricf.gif

I went to see a small collection of books someone was advertising on craigslist once, he had a Ghost Rider #1 that he swore was worth $400-500 dollars(no pictures). Turned out it was from Volume 2 and only in Fine- shape. He was so focused on that one book, and was having trouble believing me that the book was actually only worth about a dollar at best based on the current condition.

I said to him to keep that book since he was stuck on the price and I could look at buying some of the other books he had in the box of books (which he purchased as part of a storage auction)

I wound up finding a GL #76 in high grade for a very respectable price along with a coupe of mint original series Star Trek comic books. You never know what you are going to find. I will say for every 1 good find, there is maybe 20 mediocre or crappy sales.

It takes all kinds.

:roflmao:

I was in a comic shop this weekend and a guy in front of me was asking the clerk to hold $12 worth of books for him. He then turned to me and started talking about his complete set of I Love Lucy comics that he had in bank vault. After asking me to guess what they were worth (to which I just sighed), he replied "one and a half million dollars". He wasn't selling though, he was going to pass them on to future generations. It takes all kinds.

Sounds like he was hopped up on Vita-meata-vegamin.

I was in a comic shop this weekend and a guy in front of me was asking the clerk to hold $12 worth of books for him. He then turned to me and started talking about his complete set of I Love Lucy comics that he had in bank vault. After asking me to guess what they were worth (to which I just sighed), he replied "one and a half million dollars". He wasn't selling though, he was going to pass them on to future generations. It takes all kinds.

Sounds like he was hopped up on Vita-meata-vegamin.

Lucy, you got a lotta splainin' to do! :grin: