• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

That feeling you get...

59 posts in this topic

I had to turn off the various CAF notification emails because of the continual Coolines updates, which are done to obviously game the system. I inquired about the possibility of blocking a member,like with eBay, but it's not an option. So I just turned it off. In a hobby of one-of-a-kind items, where these emails have the potential to be an advantage, I've chosen to be at a disadvantage rather than have my emails clogged with SD's revolving door of uploads.

...or when you find out how much they are selling it for.

That part is easy, it's usually 3x what they paid!

As for Duanne, well, you bid your max, if that was what you were willing to pay then it wasn't meant to be.

Malvin

Been there once or twice...Malvins right though, if I really wanted it I should have bid more. And I can confirm the week later 2x-3x price lift. Ah well. Eventually I have a feeling I'll be going through him to get a page eventually.

Yeah. What Claudio said. Malvin might be right, but it sure as hell doesn't make you feel any better. Mean an extra $100 or so would have stopped you from having to look at it at 3X the price for years...

It is worse when you auction a piece off and they are the winners. You know it went cheap. :P

Well.. even that one I won't agree. It has happened to me a few times. It was a well publicized auction (as much as me posting on here and comicart-l can publicize it) and they were willing to bid the most at the time. It's better than them not bidding! (of course if I could get the prices they get when they do sell that would be ideal, but I can't)

Malvin

I bought a few pieces off the Donnely's over ten years ago. I was happy with the purchases.

Coolines isn't the only site where I've seen pieces double or triple in price overnight.

When the entire story for the Amazing Spider-Man #31 was broken up and sold at auction, 6 or 7 pages were up on a major dealer's website the next day at double to almost triple the winning auction price.

This dealer is well liked and a really nice guy, so I never heard negative comments about him like those about the Donnely's. I guess membership has its privileges.

When you are the under bidder on an ebay auction and a week later you see it in the Donnely's FOR SALE gallery...

Just do what I do.

When I see their name attached as the owner of a piece I simply tell myself, instead, the piece was destroyed in a fire.

I feel much better about not owning it that way.

Besides, for me, there's just as much likelihood of me voluntarily dealing with them as there is me developing time travel powers to go back in time and save a piece from being burned to a crisp.

I bought a few pieces off the Donnely's over ten years ago. I was happy with the purchases.

Coolines isn't the only site where I've seen pieces double or triple in price overnight.

When the entire story for the Amazing Spider-Man #31 was broken up and sold at auction, 6 or 7 pages were up on a major dealer's website the next day at double to almost triple the winning auction price.

This dealer is well liked and a really nice guy, so I never heard negative comments about him like those about the Donnely's. I guess membership has its privileges.

I don't think it's the price as much as the price as a moving target.

Pieces that sit on ebay for YEARS with a crazy high price, then when an offer is given that's close to asking price the auction is ended and relisted as a much more inflated price.

Personally, having dealt with both dealers you mention, I can tell you that experiences dealing with each are NOTHING alike.

Also, most complaints have nothing to do with price.