• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

That's interesting. It has “With their return to the grading room" but refers to both as "consultants".

If they're going to be onsite all day every day they need a better title. "Consultant" sounds like someone paid to be on speed-dial stand by, independent contractors.

Wonder if Borock is gonna rejoin the team as well....

This is a very interesting development. It raises quite a few questions in my mind. Was this move to address the "perception" issues associated to the string of grading issues identified since March of last year, beginning with RSR, then Costanza, and recently this JIM 83 fiasco?

There is no question that these are two people who can instantly change the "make-up" of a grading company, but is the timing of this announcement simply to keep up appearances?

Is it motivated by rumours of another grading company potentially coming into the fold, and removing the possibility two of the bigger players in the certification game don't get scooped? Are these non-compete consulting gigs, and what parameters and scope are these two individuals working within to ensure there is no blurring of their "impartial" role as CGC consultants, and is any work outside this role clearly defined?

For me, the trick will be balancing utilization. If these newly assigned consulting roles are simply to keep up appearances, utilization will be the first thing to be questioned should another scandal emerge, especially if it's something similar in scale to the JIM 83.

Apart from these questions, if their roles/duties are associated to handling walk-thru submissions or being utilized in skeleton crew scenarios, then I think it's a positive step in the right direction. 2c

That's interesting. It has With their return to the grading room" but refers to both as "consultants".

If they're going to be onsite all day every day they need a better title. "Consultant" sounds like someone paid to be on speed-dial stand by, independent contractors.

Wonder if Borock is gonna rejoin the team as well....

I think you've got the wrong team in mind....

This is a very interesting development. It raises quite a few questions in my mind. Was this move to address the "perception" issues associated to the string of grading issues identified since March of last year, beginning with RSR, then Costanza, and recently this JIM 83 fiasco?

There is no question that these are two people who can instantly change the "make-up" of a grading company, but is the timing of this announcement simply to keep up appearances?

Is it motivated by rumours of another grading company potentially coming into the fold, and removing the possibility two of the bigger players in the certification game aren't scooped-up? Are these non-compete consulting gigs, and what parameters and scope are these two individuals working within to ensure there is no blurring of their role as CGC consultants, and any money they make outside of their role with CGC?

For me, the trick will be balancing utilization. If these newly assigned consulting roles are simply to keep up appearances, utilization will be the first thing to be questioned should another scandal emerge, especially if it's something similar in scale to the JIM 83.

Apart from these questions, if there roles/duties are associated to handling walk-thru submissions or being utilized in skeleton crew scenarios, then I think it's a positive step in the right direction. 2c

That's my guess

That's interesting. It has “With their return to the grading room" but refers to both as "consultants".

I've been pretty vocal the last few years concerning my frustration over not knowing who's grading GA books at CGC. Knowing Mark and Chris are there is a huge step in the right direction.

I've been pretty vocal the last few years concerning my frustration over not knowing who's grading GA books at CGC. Knowing Mark and Chris are there is a huge step in the right direction.

How will you know though? Assuming "consultant" signifies they're not employees, it could mean anything from physically grading books to an illusion of inclusion to boost confidence.

How will you know though? Assuming "consultant" signifies they're not employees, it could mean anything from physically grading books to an illusion of inclusion to boost confidence.

If it's the latter, this will badly backfire. How they are utilized will be crucial, because on the one hand if it's a mailed-in role, then the minute another scandal emerges, there won't be anyone left to turn to or recruit. Directly tied to this need to assign roles where they are made to feel like their involvement actually counts is one of the best ways to safeguard against the scenario of possibly being lured away by a competitor.

I personally think the book is NOT TRIMMED as well. Twice it was found to be blue, only once was it found purple.

That was likely the REAL error that CGC made, and because of their lack of accountability, could feed Dan the "Everyone looked at it" line which is spruious and completely unproveable.

Leaving him with no recourse but to sell it purple.

Also, KUDOS to him for being an upstanding business man in doing so.

SHAME on all the people who try to attack the buyer for resubbing it as if there is something unusual or untoward with taking an obvious and logical action

As they say on storage wars.....

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPP

Edited by CBT

there is more at play here whether CGC screwed up or is consistent.

No one expects them to not mistakes.

What do they do when they happen, and how do they amend them?

How many times were mistakes made on this book?

Is it actually trimmed or not?

Did he get fed a "story" on the phone by CGC?

that's where the discussion needs to be focused. I am sure Dan himself would agree that CGC mistakes or consistency isnt the issue here.

Can they detect resto reliably?

Did he get lied to?

etc

this too, bumppedy bump