• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

- Harshen claimed everyone in the building with grading credibility looked at the book, and EVERYONE agreed it was trimmed. He couldn't find anyone to disagree.

The weirdest thing to me is if this happened a month ago, you would think that they would of recognized the book.

Maybe it is a new policy, take the higher grade purple or opt for the one grade drop for the trim plus a PQ hit but get a blue label.

Or, this.

Either CGC admits they can't detect trimming with any accuracy.....or they admit they don't take the time to bother.

Edited by mysterio

Trimming should no longer be claimed unless it is absolutely proven. Subjective don't cut it with trimming. If you're 'unsure' then that means NOT GUILTY BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT.

Does two wrongs now make a right? I know 3 left turns do.

this makes me :sick:

So was the guy who resubmitted it a dealer or auction house? hm

At this point it's either conspiracy or incompetance. What would you feel more comfortable with? Is CGC planning a response to this? Your masses are listening....

At this point it's either conspiracy or incompetance. What would you feel more comfortable with? Is CGC planning a response to this? Your masses are listening....

Looking forward to Harshen's response. No idea what could be said though....

My guess is some kind of mission statement detailing the difficulty in detecting trimming.

Maybe it is a new policy, take the higher grade purple or opt for the one grade drop for the trim plus a PQ hit but get a blue label.

Trimmed books always get a Purple label

This is why we need the sarcasm emoticon. I guess I could have used the :jokealert: but I hate that one.

But would it drop the grade because of the trim(purple label) ?

Looking forward to Harshen's response. No idea what could be said though....

I will post a response once I get one.

I imagine the way they test for trimming is measurement of the entire cover. If printing quality was loosey goosey back in the day - then you would get variance in measurements no? I'd love for someone in the print biz to comment on this.

It definitely looks like the same book... Not good. CGC should really do something for you now (but they probably won't). Good luck!

Either CGC admits they can't detect trimming with any accuracy.....or they admit they don't take the time to bother.

This will just be another blip on the radar though. Without CGC.....sellers could no longer print money.

Cue an epic circle jerk......

Actually this will now reopen the flood gates for the TORCR wave. (Trimmed-Only Restored Crack and Resub) CGC is probably going to make another mint on all the resubs. sales for trimmed only restored comics will spike as everyone attempts to cash in on the inconsistencies.

Genuine question, how can one "detect" trimming? And if you detect it, can you prove it?

Tape, glue, missing pages, color breaks, married pages, writing, rust, whatever "defect" can be pretty easily identifiable.

How is trimming detected?

This is why we need the sarcasm emoticon. I guess I could have used the :jokealert: but I hate that one.

I usually just make a comment at the bottom of my comment like this....

sarcasm

It definitely looks like the same book... Not good. CGC should really do something for you now (but they probably won't). Good luck!

This will just be another blip on the radar though. Without CGC.....sellers could no longer print money.

Actually this will now reopen the flood gates for the TORCR wave. (Trimmed-Only Restored Crack and Resub) CGC is probably going to make another mint on all the resubs. sales for trimmed only restored comics will spike as everyone attempts to cash in on the inconsistencies.

+1

:sorry:

This news has me flustered.

Sad...but most likely true.