• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLASH #139 CLUB: PROFESSOR ZZZZOOOMM!!!

189 posts in this topic

That's a lot of dough for a high grade #139. At that level, I'd rather buy something else.

I'd say it's about time some DC keys get some love. :P Especially the Flash with his extensive Rogue's Gallery. (thumbs u

Rightfully so, but I just can't see myself spending that kind of money on this issue. I would be happy with a midgrade up to 7.0 for the right price (thumbs u

That's a lot of dough for a high grade #139. At that level, I'd rather buy something else.

I'd say it's about time some DC keys get some love. :P Especially the Flash with his extensive Rogue's Gallery. (thumbs u

Rightfully so, but I just can't see myself spending that kind of money on this issue. I would be happy with a midgrade up to 7.0 for the right price (thumbs u

Yeah, I can feel you on that. It's your prerogative my friend. (shrug) Me personally, I think PZ is very underrated as a DC villain and will only become prevalent in due time. hm

The Flash TV series has definitely given PZ the notoriety he deserves. This book in 9.0 & up will be nearly impossible to buy in the coming months. Especially since there are so few copies floating around. (thumbs u

I got extremely lucky and bought my copy raw in 2012 for $600, and it was the one of the few times the book was actually graded by CGC what the seller estimated. Nearly every other time I buy raw it is 1 full point lower when I send it in. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

I got extremely lucky and bought my copy raw in 2012 for $600, and it was the one of the few times the book was actually graded by CGC what the seller estimated. Nearly every other time I buy raw it is 1 full point lower when I send it in. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

Yeah, I got lucky like that with my Sandman #8B recently. (thumbs u That was a great buy for you at that price, now your 9.0 is probably at least 5X that in FMV. :headbang:

I just requested a bump in the registry point values for this book. They're quite low relative to the spike in prices and demand this book has seen lately.

Cool beans! (thumbs u If any book is worthy of a boost in registry points due to recent performances, it's this one. ;)

What are it's chances for the bump? :wishluck:

I just requested a bump in the registry point values for this book. They're quite low relative to the spike in prices and demand this book has seen lately.

Cool beans! (thumbs u If any book is worthy of a boost in registry points due to recent performances, it's this one. ;)

I'd say they are reasonable, there are certainly plenty of recent sales to point to if Gemma would like some confirmation. When I put my newly graded 6.5 into the registry and got like 45 points I was definitely underwhelmed. lol

I'd say they are reasonable, there are certainly plenty of recent sales to point to if Gemma would like some confirmation. When I put my newly graded 6.5 into the registry and got like 45 points I was definitely underwhelmed. lol

Hahaha! That is underwhelming! :roflmao:

So Reverse Flash (#139) gets hot due to the TV series appearance? Any other reason? Or is the original Flash run just lacking keys and this book is here to stay? I just don't get it.

I may be biased, because I've always liked the villain and the book, but if I had to guess I'd say that it is a bit of both. I think the book got some much deserved attention due to the TV show, but it was an underappreciated key in the run to begin with. And I doubt that the current prices are sustainable, but I do think that after all is said and done that the prices will definitely have reset to a higher level after the TV hype has passed it by.

So Reverse Flash (#139) gets hot due to the TV series appearance? Any other reason? Or is the original Flash run just lacking keys and this book is here to stay? I just don't get it.

I may be biased, because I've always liked the villain and the book, but if I had to guess I'd say that it is a bit of both. I think the book got some much deserved attention due to the TV show, but it was an underappreciated key in the run to begin with. And I doubt that the current prices are sustainable, but I do think that after all is said and done that the prices will definitely have reset to a higher level after the TV hype has passed it by.

Thanks. I just see so many books of villain keys on the climb such as Batman 121 and think wow this book is getting big money for a villain.

+1^

I think Flash #139 has been under appreciated on par with books like FF #45 & FF #52 for so many years as examples. hm Sure this book got a much needed boast by the Flash TV show along with other keys in this run, with the help of Tom Cavanagh's outstanding portrayal of PF, but I only see these keys sustaining for a while longer, especially once WB/DC big screen ventures begin to launch. (thumbs u

Theres only up for DC keys in my opinion (lookout Marvel). :P They have such great heroes & villains at their disposal, if done right on the big screen/with marketing keys like Flash #139 will become even harder to find in high grade copies and prices will continue to rise. 2c

+1^

I think Flash #139 has been under appreciated on par with books like FF #45 & FF #52 for so many years as examples. hm Sure this book got a much needed boast by the Flash TV show along with other keys in this run, with the help of Tom Cavanagh's outstanding portrayal of PF, but I only see these keys sustaining for a while longer, especially once WB/DC big screen ventures begin to launch. (thumbs u

Theres only up for DC keys in my opinion (lookout Marvel). :P They have such great heroes & villains at their disposal, if done right on the big screen/with marketing keys like Flash #139 will become even harder to find in high grade copies and prices will continue to rise. 2c

Reverse Flash is a major DC villain and perhaps the most important of the Flash villains. The book is tough to get in grade. I think this book has some staying power.

+1^

Reverse Flash is a major DC villain and perhaps the most important of the Flash villains. The book tough to get in grade. I think this book has some staying power.

I concur my friend! (thumbs u